Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Agent Licensure

Why is an Agent license required to be renewed each year and non-transferable?

With so many rules to abide by it important to not only know the current ones but, any that may be put into place. By having to take the licensing each year this will allow all of us to remain up to date. I also like the fact that by applying every year anyone out there that shouldn't be licensed will be filtered out.

The non-transferable thing should speak for itself. The license is given to the agent as a way to control who's out there representing the institution. We don't want them in the hands of someone who isn't qualified.

it is definitely a good way to keep the agents sharp and up to their game. Like Jason said, things are forever changing, new rules, new applications etc, so it is a good way to maintain your sharpness and also let the governing body know that an agent is well qualified to perform the duties/tasks being asked of him/her.

Well I definitly aggree with the fact that licensing is needed. One must stay current with all rules and regulation that pertain to his tasks at hand. But my concern is with the annual renewal, could'nt it be like every three years maybe, that could work.

Is important keep updated all the information in our brain because one mistake the licence can be revoke. I rather renewal every year than after have serious problems.

The regulatory body reviews all aspects of the institution every year. The annual license provides that opportunity to look at not only the operational aspects of the institution but to review student satisfaction, placement, outcomes and any accreditation reviews.

The agent representing each institution needs to be knowledgeable not only with the state regulations but intimate knowledge of the institution itself. After all, you are their best advertisement! If the license was transferable, the State would not be assured that you are trained in the institution you represent.

Yes, agents may have their license revoked by the state.

In such a regulated industry it is important to stay up to date with any changes that may arise in order to always stay within compliance.

Maritza,
It is also a good way to cross check your knowledge of the regulations and policies of your institution. We are always learning.

Because this is a highly regulated industry agents meets with students off campus, the renewable aspect is to keep all agents up to date with the laws that regulates agents. I believe the non-transferable side of it is due to the fact that each agent must go through training at the institution he was hired and corroborate with the procedures and policies of that institution which is approved by the laws of that state... (Evidence that the agent has satisfactorily completed an approved training program and has demonstrated competent knowledge and mastery of the content).

It is very important to renew the license every year because there are many new laws and changes that are necessary for your institution. It is also necessary to keep up-to-date with the new regulations and policies to help yourself and your institution.

Christopher,
Agent training is required in Florida and many other states.

Aida,
Renewing the license is a requirement of Florida law but it is also a way to protect your prospective students and your instutition.

DB
DB

Information changes and agents must keep up-to-date with the rules and regulations to ensure compliance. The license is non-transferable because each agent must read and study the requirements before obtaining licensure.

I believe that there are several reasons as to why. Firstly, it is to keep up to date with all the new rules and regulations. Secondly, it is to perform a CJ check on the agents to make sure they have been acting ethically and responsibly.

Diane,
You are correct! Compliance is the number one priority

Yes laws change constantly so i think it is a great idea to renew every year.. The bad thing is that we have to pay each year

I agree we do need to renewal annually, for the purpose that information changes and we will be doing a diservice to our prospective students, by not staying informed.

Gabriela,
Paying a fee for licensure is part of the commitment and assurance of compliance.

Sign In to comment