Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

My own Knowlegdge

I am new in this department and anticipate following the recommendation given as a student/Agent to keep my Institution in compliance at all time. I would like to be able to rate my institution between a 9-10 given the experience. However, in the meantime I am careful how I make the transition into Agent on behalf of my institution as I commit to following carefully the instructions/Institution policies and procedures,and operations manual(s), including my supervisor/director's directives and the knowledge learn from this course.

Beverly,
Wow, I could not have said that any better myself. I am also new to my position as an agent and agree with you 100%. I want to make sure I know as much information as I can about my institution. Doing so can only help both the institution and the agent become better in the end.

Manny

You are both on target! Having the knowledge and resources available helps you work smarter, not harder. Your confidence will shine!

I agree as when I first started as an Admissions Rep I was always a bit nervous speaking with a prospective as I was afraid they would ask a question I didn't know the answer to. As I gain knowledge and had the right people to contact at my finger tips incase there was question that eluded me or was not my forte I became more confident in now only speaking to the prospective but in sealing the deal.

Candace,
Many admission reps work along side a seasoned rep in the beginning and have a mentor assist. It is important that you feel confident as this transcends to the student. Keep up the good work.

I completely agree. When I first began I was scared that if I got into a lot of detail I would be faced with a question that I did not know the answer to. I started to try and ask all the departments so that I can have as much knowledge as possible to successfully and accurately present info to the prospective students. Sometimes I catch myself speaking to someone that knows a lot about the field and I tend to hold back at first. I then remember the conversations that I had with other departments and gain my confidence back. I try and make sure that the prospective never realizes this of course.

Yareliss,
You have a good plan in place. Your knowledge will increase with additional training and experience. Keep up the good work.

I feel fortunate because I am an instructor who chooses my own students. Interactions between departments can be monologues.

Alexander,
You have a benefit in your process. You really get to know your student before the educational experience begins as instructor.

Sign In to comment