Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The admission Process and Paperwork

The instruction recommended is vital in my succes as an Agent and for my institution to stay in compliant.

I am committed to follow the recommended process with a orgnaized binder and dividers as follows:

For my Resource Book, I will be following the rules as outlined in the satues. Carefully reviewing the documents, checking them against the statutes and rules covering fair consumer practices, and identifying all the places that the admission requirement for my institution list requires.

All suggested documents will be printed and inseted in a color coded section of my Resource Book. In addition, labeling my resource book to ensure a define and easy reference/flow process.

The sections will include information such as . RULE: FOR FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANCE 6E-1.0032, FAC..Fair Consumer Practices...Enrollment Agreement, Student Refund policy, Title IV Funding, Types of Financial Aid Asistance Available, Catalog, Brochures and Information, Procedure for referring applicant to Financial Aid, Document required to complete enrollment process, check list etc.,

The instruction provided is very helpful. I also find that staying up to date on changes and staying organized are vital keys.

I believe the more you do something the easier it gets. I've used the other admissions associates I work with for my practice students. I've gone through the whole process from start to finish and have rally gained a lot of confidence. Since they are experienced they have been able to give me pointers along the way. This is a great way to do the process without being nervous.

keeping up to date with admissions paper work is truly important.I agree that going through the process with another experienced will help you get a hold of some feedback.

I agree, having all documents in a section of our Resource Book is very useful for our team, new member of our team and even other departments. This is a organize way of having all the information on hand to give accurate information to our students.

Cecila,
The learning never stops and by sharing with others, everyone learns.

Carolina,
Many people want to "see it in writing" to validate what they are being told. This is a good practice to maintain.

I agree I think people not only like to hear all of the information but as you mentioned they like to see it in writing. It is very important to me to be trusted by my students and to give them all of the correct information. Becoming familiar and having full knowledge of the admissions process and paperwork will allow you to be confident and also enables you to help your students to the best of your ability.

Gennymar,
Having it in writing gives the prospective student the opportunity to have their own records but also to share with others. There are still many people who do not have access to computers or the internet.

I agree ensuring that you are most current with your resource book will allow you to best help your student body with the most accurate information and additionally be a valued asset to your organization and possibly be found as a resource when questions arrise. The color coding or tabing to keep organized is going to be key with simplifying the process of updating to come with changes

Jenna,
Great ideas to keep organized! Thank you for posting.

Very detailed information that can help us be even more compliant.

Great advice. Thanks for posting. ^-)

Carlos,
Compliance is key.

Greg,
We are glad you find the forums informative.

This is a very important process and has to be completed according to the statutes. Applications have to be received by the application deadline, completey filled out by the applicant and properly signed. The student has to mark the program cost information section informing the school how he/she will make his/her tuition payments. The Registrar processes the prospective student's application and, upon acceptance, sends out an Acceptance Packet with all the information the new student will need to attend the school, including required textbooks, etc.

Renate,
Thank you for posting your process. I am sure others will learn from you on the forum.

You're right!! Staying organized and up to date with my resource book will definantly benefit me and my organization. The color coding is a good added measure as it will allow you to locate documents easier & faster.

In creating my reference notebook I have added most of the suggested items on the checklist. My notebook is set up to go in order with the presentation. Each item has it's rules and statutes do I know what can and can't be done.

Yes the instruction provided was very good we need stay on top all rule and regulations

Sign In to comment