Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

regulatory training

i believe the additional training was great knowlege not only fro me but it will also benefit my organization. being that we enroll student and sign and also have them sign, i never quite grasped the fact that the contract was legally binding after we had signed it together, this was very powerful information as most student tend to want to skim through these facts.

Your right, that is why many schools require that parents also sign enrollment agreements even though a student is over the age of 18. Many schools also have a form that requires a student to give the institution permission to share grades, attendance etc with the parents even though the student is over the age of 18.

I agree that we gained a lot of knowledge from this course as far as to what is expected from us as admissions representatives and what are the legalities we have to abide by while performing in this capacity.

I completely agree with both of you. After reading through a sample enrollment agreement it all makes even more sense to me. Its an easy way to make sure you are being compliant while answering any potential questions the student/parent may have.

Jesus,
Your position is key and integrity/ethics must be performed.

Yes I definitely agree with you. The information provided through the training was very helpful and I have a better understanding of my responsibilities as an Admissions Representative

Essence,
Thank you for the feedback. Your role as an admissions representative is an important one.

Regulatory compliance is such an important topic. I truly appreciated the information about this and I plan to make sure that the reps in my office are not only aware of them but truly understand their significance.

Martin,
Compliance is utmost in our dealings with prospective and current students.Being well informed and having information available is key.

I am agree it is very important to understand all my responsabilities as an Admissions Representative in other for my to help the prospectives students.

Lorena,
It is important to provide the best information to your clients but also direct them to the experts.

As a Admissions rep it is our job to provide the student with as much information as we can to help them make a good decision, to do this we must first find out what a students needs are then help them establish there goals and then help then identify the program that will help them reach there goals. Sometime you do have to tell a student that we are not the right college for them if you do not have a program that fits there needs and goals. Telling them this is the right thing to do is it not?

I agree…I believe everyone on campus needs to be aware of our state rules and accreditation standards.

Linda,
As admissions reps, we are providing the client with the best information possible. Ultimately, it is their decision and one they need to come to on their own. Too much pressure or alluding to make the decision for them is travelling down a dangerous road.

Justin,
Regulations ensure compliance. In today's academic world. These two go hand-in-hand.

I do agree with that. All I can do as a admssion rep is give them the information on our college and our programs and yes it is there decicion for them to make. I do go as far as asking a student to go home and talk this over with there parents or a member of there family or a spouse.

I feel like as an Admission's Representative it is not my place to tell prospective students whether or not my school is right for him/her. I will give him/her all of the information about their program of interest, have them take any of the qualifying exams for admittance into the program and offer the student tutoring if I feel it is necessary. I feel that by telling a prospective student that we are not the right school for them, they might feel that we are giving up on them when they might just need extra help before they're ready for the program.

Robin,
Valuable advice. The student must be well aware of the commitment they are making. Ultimately, they must make the choice.

I agree that trainings such as these are very much needed in order to keep not only the Admissions department informed, but the Institution as well.

Odalys,
It is important for everyone at the school to understand the regulations as they affect the workings of the institution.

Sign In to comment