Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Domain name

I attempted to access google apps for educators by following the link - they asked for a domain name or to pay for one. What experience have people had with this app. Also, this section didn't mention google voice. I use google voice as a contact number for my students to call or text me. It keeps my personal cell phone number secret but yet allows student to contact me easily. My students typically prefer to text.

Social Media

How have you used Social Media as an enhancement to learning? What role do you think Social Media has in the formation of community? I recently completed my EdD and did my dissertation on the use of Social Media to enhance community that would lead to adult learning - drawing from the theories that community formation enhances adult learning. I'd love to have more discussion about this.

blogging

Can you be exclusive in your blogging or is everyone able to access your blog?

learning technology

I would like to see more video equipment in rooms to make better use of all the technology to allow students to see what the real world is all about.

Using multiple sourse materials

I've found that the most effective way to teach is by introducing critical information through the use of a variety of recourse materials and by varying how this information is presented to the class.

Effective Power Point

I feel that by incorporating a basic "power-point" format utilizing a "white-board" as the screen, I can involve the students by having them actively participate during the presentation. This form of interaction significantly benefits the entire class.

Advancement of Technology

Technology has become so popular in our learning environment today. It sheds a light on learning making it easier to understand.

Mixed Media enhances power point lectures.

At our trade vocational school we utilize mixed media formats to enhance our power point lectures to better serve our auditory, visual and kinesthetic learners needs.

Finding the time...

I understand the importance of social media in this day and age, but frankly, I find it time consuming to keep it updated, hence efficient as a learning tool. Specially as role model, I do not want to take on a task that I will not be able to manage successfully. But, I greatly admire the one who can. ;)

Active Learning

I have found in my classroom that this type of learning assists with the learning needs of all type of learners. It also allows people to work together as a team.

Twitter

I never thought of twitter as a teaching/learning tool. I will definitely try it with my next class.

Slideshare

I have used slideshare many times in the classroom. It can be a great teaching tool.

Technology

Using technology in the classroom help both the teacher and the students. It encourages interactions and prevent the students from getting bored with listening to the teacher lecturing.

New information

I learned so much about different tool to assist me when incorporating new technology into my teaching. I learned about RSS and Wiki's. I'd heard about them, but was not really sure exactly what they were.

Incorporating Modern Technologies in Teaching Methods

Wow! I was unaware of all the technological resources available to increase student interest and participation in a course curriculum. I will see which of these resources might improve my students' experience and discuss implementing them with my supervisor.

Using Phones

I've often found that storing my files such as powerpoints and lecture notes on my phone seem to work really well. I'm more likely to forget a folder or a jump drive but I'll never be without my phone. It's also easy to email the files to yourself if there isn't a duplicate screen feature. Anyone else do this?

Social Media

Although I like the idea of using a Twitter and Facebook account to enhance the classroom environment, the problem I would have is topics being jumbled, mixed, or just being overlooked altogether. How would you go about monitoring the account constantly?

Using A Wiki

I've seen many wikis on the web especially for specific genres like shows and books and whatnot, but I've never actually used one that was incorporated into my teaching. Of all that I read about, this stood out to me more than anything. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Social Media

With so many students connected to Facebook all the time especially through their phones, I think Facebook is definitely the future in terms of serving as portals especially for online students. The difficulty comes into monitoring all of this. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Incorporating new technologies for teaching methods.

I agree with David Naylor....educators must keep up with new technologies to be able to communicate with their students at the highest level. This will keep students engaged in the subject matter and increase cognitive retention.