Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

How can you use discussion boards to assess learner reactions to instr

How can you use discussion boards to assess learner reactions to instructional activities?

Why is it important to fully understand the guidelines and policies of

Why is it important to fully understand the guidelines and policies of your institution's acceptable use policy (AUP)?

Technology

We prohibit the use of smart phones in the classroom unless it is for research. Students are allowed to look up career related subjects (facebook is not one of them though) Many of my fellow instructors are placing course material online. Some are using a Google app, while others are developing Kahn Academy style videos to help students go back and listen to a particular lecture and go over it for key points they may have missed. One instructor even has QR Codes on his class handouts so the students can scan them with their smartphone and have the lab… >>>

online CMS quiz vs paper quiz

I really like using the online quiz feature. I find though that its really important to make sure and diversify the questions and not give to many true / false questions. I will revert to a paper quiz now and then when I just cant get the questions i need to an on-line quiz. I do not think paper quizzes will go away anytime soon.

Copyright Issues

Has your school or institution addressed copyright within the context of the classes at the school?

Use of Social Media

How do you currently use social media with your students?

Using Power Points

Have you found there to be a big difference between using very tech oriented Power Points and ones that are less visual and more word oriented as far as student interest and retention of information?

The Implications of Using Technology

How do you teach students the different between using technology for its own sake and using technolgy for educational purposes?

Manage, Share and Organize Information

The younger students have to use internet. I've seen them lose interest if there can't have an answer super fast.

Cooperative and Collaborative Learning

What are some actual lesson plans that have incorporated either cooperative or collaborative learning? What made these plans successful?

I am a Massage Theory and Practice Instructor

I have been teaching Massage Theory and Practice for 15 years. We do incorporate some technology into the classroom. I would like to incorporate more, but I'm not sure where to start? It seems like most of the software we use is geared toward the A & P classes. Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

staying involved

Staying involved with many organizations is very important to keep us on the cutting edge. Most of the instructors at my school all used to be in the field and we all need to keep up with what has changed

scial media

I feel that all of the students should use social media, and the instructors should work it into the class, but the instructors should not be on the social media sites that the students are also on. There is a line that could be crossed.

past power points

I always try and enguage the students past power points. We have to use them, but I always roll in more interactive ways past the power point because this is what todays student response to

new tech

I love involving todays tech. Modt of our students are younger so it helps keep them involved and interested in the course. For the few older ones, it is harder, but once they get the hang of it they also love it

Prezi

My students introduced me to Prezi and requested it as an alternative to the traditional PowerPoint. I was very excited to amp up the traditional ppts, and I was thrilled with their results!

Using Social Media for Professional Development

I have joined groups for Professional Development purposes, however I have come across users who utilize the service for promotional materials rather than spurring discussion or sharing ideas. What are the Best Practices for submitting and subscribing for Professional Development Purposes?

Virus

Can you get a virus with a phone app? Is there a Norton Protection for phones?

Active Learning

Active Learning includes getting their hands on it early. One of the things that I like to do is having taken a part engines to see all of the content. Once the student has seen the internals of the engine it make class time go easier and smoother.

ed 203

Technology is great in the education field, it helps instructors and students to widen their horizons on the subject at hand.