Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

What do you see as the challenges of online learning and age mix?

What are the challenges others are facing when working with groups and a broad age-range mix, especially when it comes to technical savvy?

using technology in the classroom

I use power points mixed with video clips so as to spice up the power point presentations. Use Youtube and other sites to show movies.

working with the steep learning curve

I work with a large number of baby boomer students who are often challenged by technology in the first place. They prefer the face to face contact. However, I have also found that when I introduce a seminar forum at the beginning of a course introducing the use of technology and work with them face to face, hands on with the technology we will be using in the class, they are oftentimes the best students.

using simulations

I looked up a number of the simulation programs online. I am particularly interested in those that present students with the what-if models and require problem solving. I have never used these types of models before. I will definitely explore these options for the future.

Transformative Learning

What are the advantages to students of using transformative learning methods?

Active Learning Environment

How would you define an active learning environment? How can you create such an environment in your instructional setting?

Needs of Adult Learners

What are some ways you can determine instructional needs of your adult learners?

Classroom Technology

Describe the technology that you are currently using in your classroom. How does the use of it contribute to enhanced learning?

Internet Teaching

How are you using the Internet as a teaching tool? What is the biggest advantage you see in using it?

Workplace Simulations

Have you used electronic workplace simulations? How effective do you think they are in illustrating realistic situations?