Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Copyright Issues

Has your school or institution addressed copyright within the context of the classes at the school?

Constantly. I work at a for profit school, and the copyright laws are posted everywhere. The librarians have been awesome in coming to class and explaining the laws, as well as being diligent in acquiring permissions from copyright holders for use of their materials.

I'm not sure how other institutions do it, but our library staff is invaluable in the process.

As an instructor I am very aware of copyright issues, but the students are not very aware. I make sure that I address this with each class before we get to far into the curriculum. Sometimes students seem annoyed by the whole process, but it is extremely important.

Mary, our school has a strict copyright policy as well. I can not show things to the class as a whole, but I mention sites I have seen that they can access on their own.

Yes, our librarian is an expert in this field and we cannot show any videos that we do not have explicit permission to show. We are a for-profit institution so we do not have the flexibility that the non-profits have. We have been told not to show youtube videos.

No they have not. I never knew the policies for showing films in a for profit institution before this course.

Yes, the Librarian and staff are charged with keeping authorized material for screening. And requesting approval for desired works.

We have a strict copyright policy as well. We are a for-profit institution so we cannot show youtube videos to the class. We can only use videos that the school provides for us. I will mention sites or videos I have seen that they can research on their own.

My institution is very strict on the usage on copies and movies. I actually contacted the publisher of a book I like to utilize and got permission and the fair practice protocol and gave it to my director to insure we were in compliance..

Sign In to comment