Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

So many options- Getting started

There are so many great and exciting ooptions for using technology in the classroom. It can seem overwhelming to take a 3 hour lecture and break it apart. I would love to bring in polls, class interaction, and ask for student collaboration for study guides and reviews. I want to have the ppt info readily available. I currentlynemail it as an attachment. I teach pathophysiology and there is so much information in this course. I'm not sure where to start.

Sharing and Copyright concerns

Instructor and learning institutions have to be aware of copyright laws and the sharing of material.

Interactive Technology

Using what students use to social can be a great tool to capture the attention of said students.

Internet Technology

There are so many free applications available to enhance your learning environment. Instructors should constantly search for new ways to reach their students with technology.

Technology

Using technology and the Internet will not only motivate students but instructors as well. Teachers must be willing to learn new and exciting methods to reach students.

Utilizing Smartphones

More and more as a society we are finding ourselves becoming connected to our electronic media more conveniently, and I feel that smartphones will be the future for all of this. Already our smartphones have replaced our alarm clocks, watches (even though I still wear one), media players, and e-readers...I imagine, especially with them becoming bigger and larger in size, that they become integrated in carrying the textbooks for our students and even being able to serve as ways to upload and complete in classroom discussions via live chats.

Creating an interactive learning environment with theory classes

I find it easy to implement an interactive learning environment when the subject matter is a "hands-on" technique. However, I do struggle with ways to make theory classes interactive. Any suggestions?

Professional Organizations

Do you currently belong to any professional organizations related to your field of study or education in general? What benefits are there to belonging to the organization you are affiliated with?

Sharing Learning Materials

What value do you place on the ability to share quizzes and other learning resources with other instructors you may or may not know? Why?

Twitter

How would you utilize a class Twitter group? Opportunities to connect with students include encouraging thoughtful feedback and reflection and contributing new and innovative information relevant to your area of study.

Social Media Networking

Do you believe students and instructors should be connected on social media outlets? Why or why not?

Teleconferencing

What are some practical benefits in incorporating teleconferencing into the learning environment?

Simulated 3D Environments

What are some ways you could incorporate a simulated 3D environment into your course curriculum?

Presentation sharing

How do you see presentation-sharing applications such SlideShare either helping or hindering learners meet the course objectives?

Document management and media sharing

Oftentimes instructors require students to upload presentations or class documents at the beginning of class either for grading purposes or in-class presentations. What are some benefits of utilizing a document management system for courses in which collecting digital files is an integral part of the class?

Adopting blended-learning techniques

What are some ways in which adopting blended-learning techniques can aid you in delivering the curriculum?

Staying abreast of emerging technologies

As an educator, how have you stayed abreast of emerging technologies?

Technology that is relevant and successful

What new technologies have you found to be both relevant and successful in engaging learners?

Incorporating new technologies

As an educator, how have you incorporated new technologies into the classroom?

Subject Matter is universal

What information can we as instructor use, to ensure well rounded and constructive feedback