Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Educational Value of Instructional Technology | Origin: ED126

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Integrating Technology into Education --> Educational Value of Instrcutional Technology

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Understanding the Components of Instructional Technologies | Origin: ED126

Integrating Technology into Education --> Understanding the Components of Instructional Technologies

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Setting Goals for Integrating Technology | Origin: ED126

Integrating Technology into Education --> Setting Goals for Integrating Technology

Where to Begin | Origin: ED119

Using Technology to Engage and Educate --> Where to Begin

Manage, Share and Organize Information | Origin: ED119

Using Technology to Engage and Educate --> Manage, Share and Organize Information

Technology in the classroom

I really needed this.  It was very informative, plan to use many ideas in the classroom setting.

New Educational Technology

I learned different ways to use technology in the classroom and I plan to implament this new technology.

Technology

What are your toughts on the technology utilization of quizlet and the availablity of some exams to the students? Do you think this will have a huge impact on cheating and not preparing generation of thinkers to assess the congnitive abiity of our learners?

Technology in classroom

Too abstract...too much theory...give me some concrete ideas and their pro and cons.

Embracing Technology

I really liked this series. I learned a lot about all the different types of websites that are available out there to help students branch out of the normal class setting and learn more online. I have also gleemed several tools for myself to implement into my lesson planning as well.

Twitter

I would love suggestions on how to incoroporate Twitter into the classroom.  I am not that familiar with it but I know my students talk about it all the time.

Concerns about the Digital Trail

I finished the third section of ED119, where the course introduces educators to several methods of collaborating and communicating with students, including Facebook, Twitter, and Skype. I have several concerns, however, about the "Digital Trail". Our university keeps EVERY email we send out and receive via our school account because of some sort of requirement to be able to trace all communications. All these external tools bypass that requirement. Isn't that a formula for troulble?

For example, suppose a student claims an instructor made several inappropriate remarks or invitations....how do you prove or disprove that? What about a student who… >>>

TEHCNOLOGY

I have always made the comment a cell phone is a great tool but a terrible toy.I believe that if we are to embrace using technology then we should be trained in the uses before the problems occur. I can speek from personnal experience that my unfamiliarity with some technoligy has slowed my use of it in the class setting.

DEVICE

Sometimes BYOD does not work in class. I see students competing with each other to see who has the fanciest device.

Education Benefits

Training I feel is key when learning a new lesson plan. 

Threaded Discussions

My job currently required the use of online threaded discussion tools to help facilitate and initiate critical thinking and after class participation. The problem with our particular model is that the threaded discussions/participation is not required as a condition to passing the courses being taught. Does anybody have any advice on how to effectively get the students involved? 

Class games

I have been using kahoot games in my class and the students love it. I use it mostly for review, but the new Jumble game is good for interactive learning. I don't want them to get bored though. Are there any other game sites you have used that work well?

Teaching is Learning

Power Point Presentations are an execellent way of going over specific contents, explain it to others and at the same time give you the opportunity of learning the material.

Blogs for Teaching and Practicing Grammar

Is it a good idea to use Blogs for teaching and Practicing Grammar?

computerized classroom testing

We discussed going to computerized testing in the past instead of pencil and paper test that we use now. What issues have you experienced with computerized testing, and what did you do to fix the issues?