Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Use of Social Media

How do you currently use social media with your students?

The students in my classes have a page set up on Facebook for each of their classes individually where they can post questions and comments. I can also answer questions and converse with the students during times when the students are not at the school. I would like to integrate more social media into the classroom like twitter or maybe even Second Life. This course has opened up my eyes to the possibilities!

I'm actually not allowed. Corporate policy states that having a student as a friend on Facebook is the same as fraternization.

We aren't allow to use any social media other than linkedin, in regards to students.

We have the same policy but the College does have a facebook page where we can discuss topics and post information. AS long as we are addressing all students or answering a question on the colleges site I guess it is ok

We cannot use any type of social media as of yet. I know the corporate office is working on using social media to promote our spas but to date, we have not been able to do anything unless it's a private page.

We are given the option of Facebook only. However, the Engrade grade system has a discussion function that I utilize. The students like the discussions and really get into them.

Sign In to comment