Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

online CMS quiz vs paper quiz

I really like using the online quiz feature. I find though that its really important to make sure and diversify the questions and not give to many true / false questions. I will revert to a paper quiz now and then when I just cant get the questions i need to an on-line quiz. I do not think paper quizzes will go away anytime soon.

jason,

Quizzes are a great way to assess students learning whether online or onsite. For me it gets student to actually read the course material for the class when they know quizzes are a part of the course.

Antoine Lewis

I give a lot of quizzes for exactly that reasons, heighten attention to critical details. It puts the important questions in the students minds as they are reading. I wish we had more access to technology at my site so I could give on-line quizzes, but I am stuck with paper for now.

Dale,

Quizzes are a great way to encourage reading and assess ones knowledge. Online you can find my resources that allow you to create and give quizzes. For example email the quiz and the have a timeframe to take it plus determine amount of times it can be taken. Refer to http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2013/07/7-ways-to-create-and-deliver-online.html

Antoine Lewis

I too like to use online quizzes. I mix up the type of questions and set a time limit. My students are very "techy" and prefer going online o do their work. I still give hand written test, quizzes, etc.

Sign In to comment