Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

The Autism Spectrum | Origin: ED:131

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Teaching Students with Autism --> The Autism Spectrum

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder | Origin: ED131

Teaching Students with Autism --> Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Introduction to Autism | Origin: ED131

Teaching Students with Autism --> Introduction to Autism

Instructional Strategies for Students with PTSD | Origin: ED130

Teaching Students with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder --> Instructional Strategies for Students with PTSD

Supporting Students with PTSD | Origin: ED130

Teaching Students with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder --> Supporting Students with PTSD

Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) | Origin: ED130

Teaching Students with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder --> Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)

Understanding Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) | Origin: ED130

Teaching Students with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder --> Understanding Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

generation y

most demanding genration 

generation y

interesting group 

Teaching a variety of generations

The ED 135 course provided excellent information on the various generations for learning. This is so very helpful for my online teaching. Because of this course, I now realize the importance of helping to make connections to real life applications in my lessons for Gen Y and Gen Z especially.

Heidi

What is after Gen Y?

With technology showing no signs of slowing down, what is going to be the best thought on reaching the next generation after GEN Y?   I am beginning to see more divides not in members of different generations in the classrooms, but in members of the same.

Teaching Gen Y Students

I  really like how this particular course breaks down each generation giving fantastic example from each era!!

Should smart watches be allowed during test taking?

Has anyone encountered an issue with someone wearing a smart phone during test taking? I have encouraged students to not wear a smart phone while taking a quiz. Not familiar with all it's ailities...

LINKEDIN

I feel I should be encouraging my students to create linkedin accounts priorto embarking on their externships in the dental field. Any feed back?

Gen Y

It is important to use technology to reach the Y group.

Diversity of Generations in the classroom vs. Diversity of teaching strategies

The majority of my class seems to be from Gen. Y and one student may be from Gen. X, with this new information I better understand my student. How ever, teaching strateies may have to very due to diversity of generations.  what learning style's would you suggest?

Value of Generation Y Course-ED 117

I am enjoying the ED 117 course. I found the information interesting for not only for the purposes of classroom strategy and activity development but also for my own personal reflection. Recently, I attended a local Human Resources Management Society meeting. The speaker's topic was the Generation Y group. He challenged the audience to consider not labeling any individual as part of a generational group. Rather, one should focus upon discovering what motivates the individual to success through human interaction/conversation....a simple idea in this technology-driven world. This same simple philosophy was also stressed in the ED 117. 

Veterans = The Greatest Generation

Enjoying the EE117 Generation Y course so far. But I've always heard the generation born during 1922-1943 referred to as "The Greatest Generation". This course calls them "Veterans" and "The Silent Generation". Veterans is a phrase meant for someone who served in the military, so I don't think it should be applied to an entire generation.... And "Silent" does not seem empowering. So is there a better name for The Greatest Generation? - Beegle in Raleigh

Supporting Diverse Students

What  majority groupdo you mainly see in your classroom and has it been hard to relate?

Interesting Perspective

By the course information, I would be labeled a Gen Y.  I was born in 1981.  However, I feel more like I fit better with the Gen X description.  While I did have access to computers fairly early in life, they did not become part of my everyday existance until High school.  I didn't have my first cell phone until I was 19.  I also witnesses the transition from paper to computers since I lived in a less affluent, rural area.  My dad has been in the computer industry for over 35 years and I grew up learning about it,… >>>