Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being consistent is vital when builidng an online course.  This gives each student a path for being a successful learner.  Using multiple teaching strategies is very important to keep student engaged.  

Your layout for an online course is important. It should be easy for the students to navigate reducing the number of questions the students may have. 

Materials that were successful in a F2F environment may not always translate into an online environment. Using multiple strategies and modes of education is necessary.

Teaching and Organizing a Virtual Learning Environment is about keeping up with technology and todays trends.  Unlike this MaxKnowledge which is still in the stone age, I prefer to use all means available.  Video's, Chats groups, and we use Canvas which has Modules.  I make all my assignments available on day one.  The only thing that is not available are test and "Question of the Day" which helps keep the students active each day.

The take away for me is to make sure the course is organized.  All information pertaining to a subject should be together.  Ease of use for the students should be taken into account.  Have your course content evaluated by a peer or a student to critique/recommend changes .

The section had some great tips!  Sometimes it can be overwhelming for an instructor to teach online because you can't properly gauge your students (i.e., do you have their attention, are they grasping the concepts?).  I agree with with not posting too many annoucements as well since this can be too much for students all at one time.

What an instructor does in a face-to-face, synchronous environment may not work as well in an online, asynchronous environment. All resources and activities need to be carefully evaluated for their effectiveness in the online environment on a continual basis.

I learned the O of a course design, it was very helful.

In this module, I have learned the importance of the organization of the course content. This is essential to allow students to find pertinent information quickly and to allow anyone to update information on a timely basis. I will organize my online courses by modules because allows to put in one place all materials, assessments, and interactions.

Course details and syllabus should be given to the students at the start of the course. And follow the course.

Shah Rahman

If a teacher does not have the charisma to engage students in face-to-face courses, it could be that the same thing happens in the online course. We must promote the theme of the teacher as an actor or actress. Strategies must be aligned with communication models that have deep-rooted mechanisms these days.

A clearly listed objective direction for students to see and follow early coupled with instructor consistency will set any course up for success.

It is really important to adapt materials and technology for the online environment.

Try using tools that seem “fun” and collaborative. Many instructors are trying blogs for a couple of classes. Through blog creation and communication, there can be more interaction between students as well as between the students and the instructor.

I learned that the online professor have to do a short modules with relevant information with procedures and strategies.

The module shared several ways in which to connect with students ( i.e introduction email, best-wushes). These are quick and easy ways to personalize with your students and let them know you are present and committed to their success. 

Good information for beginning and veteran online instructors.

The way that the course content is developed will help the student better understand what is expected of them.

It is important to provide an engaging and interactive platform for students in both asynchronous and synchronous classrooms.  Using the proper format for what the facilitator wants to deliver is important to insure students are engaged and participating in the learning proces.

In the online courses I have taught I never thought of a good-bye entry. I love it and will utilize this idea.

Sign In to comment