Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I used to be worried that a simple layout would be boring to students. However, as I have learned in this module, the content does need to be provided in a manner that is easy for students to access. The content should be in short, accessible methods. Updating is also easier in this way. 

A combination of print, audio, video and communication tools should be used by an instructor for the effective delivery of an online course. When converting the course content for use in the online environment, 4 O'S (Origin, Organization, orchestration and Outcomes Assessment) of course design should be kept in mind. Emails, Course Announcements, discussion boards, games and blogs are very good tools to use to enhance student engagement. Keeping layout of the online course consistent is very importanrt as it allows students to  access the course content quickly and easily and also makes it easier for the instructor to edit and modify thr course content.

Consistency is key!  Provide a consistant and organized learning environment.  Also be sure to provide good, constructive, positive feedback.  Do your best to be accessable.

Indeed courses should be frequently/continuously evaluated for effectiveness. Most importantly use the results of that evaluation to change and improve the course, your teaching, and their learning

Be organized and provide feedback is the key to success.

Making my course my own is important in order to give the students a teaching style that helps them to learn in the way they need to learn while still being consistent with my personality and teaching style. 

There are many things to take into consideration in the transition from F2F to online learning. Evaluating, assessing and organizing an online course is important in order to keep the material up to date and appealing.

My key take a way from this Module is the advisement to front load lessons so that students can ask questions at the beginning of a unit.

This was very infomormative on how to layout the course and include synchronous class time in small doses and using asynchronous tasks to supplement and add to the content to enhance engagement and effective learning. 

I found the four Os of course design very intewresting. It gives a pretty good blueprint to ensure the required consistency is achieved while in the course development stage. 

I think its good to step back and reassess the components of the course apart from the F2F curriclum.  Start with the end (goals) what the entire learning outcome should be.  Break it down in to the bite-sized components and select the most effect way to deliver/commuicate and assess the student progress.  Allow for student individual learning styles.

The importance of being consistent. Being consistent in our course layout will make it easier for students to find the materials they need which will lessen their frustration and improve their learning because they can focus on the content, instead of finding where things are.

I teach Oral Pathology to dental hygiene students. Right now we are in a blended curriculum after coming off teaching mainly online for the past COVID19 year. I am not a fan of the current discussion boards that have been implemented within this course. So I have not made it a concern to be involved in whatever the discussion is about, but just grading it. It can be very hard to respond to 24 discussions on a timely basis. How would you recommend responding to a class on a discussion board without offending anyone?

The 4 O's: Origin, organization, Orchestration, Outcomes

It has been a long time since I designed an online course completely on my own. Most online schools have master courses and then instructors or committees change and update them (that I have done a great deal of over the years). I had forgotten how exciting it was to design a whole course on my own and this unit has included elements that were not available to me back in the early 2000s when online teaching was relatively new and we were all on our own. 

I'd like to see some elements -- like blogs -- in action so as to see how it works within the online classroom.

Nancy Tosh

Utilize the best learning strategies for every individuals.

There are things to consider when transferring F2F content to online content. The instructor needs to ensure it is clear, concise, and easy to follow.

It is important to keep the course content and enviroment engaging. Instructors should be be organized, communicate and provide feedback.

When transferring F2F information to synchronous or asynchronous online instruction, it is necessary to use all types of media. It would be effective to use video clips, Power Point, and demonstrations to keep the students' attention and help them learn.

ive learned that is essential to  employ the use of strategies which will keep the student interested and that the on line content is directly related to students needs , Ialso agree that the  4 "O's" is a definite  requirement for forming both on line learning  options F2F as we all as asynchroneou

Sign In to comment