Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student engagement from the beginning is critical. Reaching out at the beginning of the course with a welcome message can go a long way in engaging a student.

What was important in this section is understanding that moving content to an online environment is not simply about transfering content, it needs to be transformed. When doing this we need to consider 4 O's of course design:

1. Origin

2. Organization

3. Orchestration

4. Outcomes assessment

Going from F2F to fully online is a change for students that are used to that F2F time. Covid made things change quickly for some, however, I am thankful for that change because it has shown me that online learning is effective and can be a wonderful option for students who are working while going to school. 

Hello Team,

What I have learned in this module F2F, the online material should be suited for both the environment and for online learning.  That we may need to modify the course content from time to time to better prepare students for a brighter pathway.  

giving feedback is so imporant

Consistency in course layout is key

Online learning is not the same as face to face.   Organization of content, student engagement and assessment strategies are not the same.    The instructor needs to make sure all these are clear and provide a good framework for a successful outcome for the student

How to transition from F2F to online, want to make it interactive and welcoming, however, not overwhelming. It takes time to transition and content should be validated prior to execution to ensure it it effective.

Being consistent with the coarse layout really helps the students.  

My takeaway from this module is that online materials should be suited for both the environment and for online learning. Also, taking the layout of the course content to match the instructor's teaching style. 

the layout of content is very important and makes it easy for the student to know what is expected of them.  It also makes it easy for the Instructor to update material. 

It is okay to share personal information in an online setting.  However, it is not necessary to provide home address etc.  I will engage with online students by introducing myself through a blog and have students do the same.

You really have to think about what you want to the students to learn and how do you make that happen. Which tools and what are you assessing. 

Course should be interactive, short instruction with questions to enhance learning. 

I've learned to organize by modules and F2F is not just an online course. Using different strategies to provides student engagement.

I learned it is important to be consistent with your content layout so students find their material easily. 

It is important not to overwhelm students with information and choose relevant ones to share.

I learned that it is not correct to transfer F2F content to an Online environment and expect it to become effective. There are many different ways to organize the layout to make it more attractive and especially focused on the learning objectives to get students engaged in the learning process.

Considerations for online learning that may/may not be applicable to face-to-face delivery.  Driving design and delivery that matches online more fully is important; I find that faculty that have taught face-to-face want their online courses to be the same - I'm guilty of this myself - so I want to start adjusting that train of thought & broaden perspectives of what/how/why related to the online environment. 

The importance of consistent course layout and how it helps both the student and instructor.

Sign In to comment