Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This lesson identifies key componenets of transitioning from F2F classes to online. Course layut is of upmost importance. Students need to be able to quickly locate what they are looking for. The means by which you relay information are important. You can use a physical textbook, but you must convert it to online in a captavating fashion. 

Organization and look and feel are important to a class to build predictability.  You can't just import lectures to an online environment.   A mixture of synchronous and asyncrhonous communications are often best.   Check often for student engagement from all students. 

Consisent layout and organization is critical. One of the hardest things for students is to acclimate to new things.  If you and your colleagues are all on the same page in how things are laid out and delivered, the sense of familiarity for the student can go a long way.

It is important for instructors to have a consistant and easily nagivated layout for their course content. 

There are 4 O's to follow:  Origin, organization, orchestration, and outcomes. 

Planning out the contect in an online content is important to a successful online course.  Consider the 4 O's or your course:  Origin, Organization, Orchestration and outcomes assessment.  Plan for student engagement and recognize the presentation of a tradition will be altered to fit the online course with articles and web content.

F2F is not just a transition to using the same in online format, it requires transition, testing, and revision.  I am going to explore Web 2.0 more.

Getting over one's fears of facilitating an online course seems very important to me. I am also intrigued with the notion of increasing student participation through pre-structured prompts and activities. 

Knowledge I attained in the module include: 1) Transferring content from F2F to online is not only about tranferring, it's about transforming the content to fit the online environment. 2) When modifying course content for the online environment, think about the fours O's of course design. They are: a)Origin b)Organization c)Orchestration d)Outcomes assessment. 3) I've realized the importance of developing student engagement strategies. 4) Consistancy in online course layout is a key tool for communication.

I learned that it may be necessary to start all over in creating an on line course.  The F2F contents may not be used to deliver effectively on line.

In this module we need to understant there is the importance of consistency when building a course and its layout. It gives students a path to better understand the course and achieve learning objectives.

This course reiterates the importance of building online courses with a focus on consistency in the layout, responsive and personal communication, and always keeping the objectives in mind when building the content.

I learned the importance of student engagment within in an online learning environment.   I plan to develop a welcome letter to students as well as participate in online discussion boards, reply to student comments and triggering additional questions or explanations. I also learned the four 0's of course design: origin, organization, orchestration, outcomes assessment. I plan to address and incorporate all of these elements into my course/s as they are developed.

I learned from this module the importance of organizing your information in a way that easy to access and to follow.  I also learned that it is critical to engage students and seek buy in from students on the first day by including a welcome letter or an engaging activity that will capture their attention.  It is a good thing to allow colleagues to look at your site and offer feedback on the flow of the course content.

I will use what I've learned to evaluate my courses and make changes where needed.  I will also implement some of the strategies that were presented, in particular at the beginning of the course.

How to keep the students engaged, stay organized and always communicate with them.

Keep them engaged with the course along with staying organized and communicate to make sure there are no issues.

When creating an online course you should think about the way the course is layed out and that it has an easy and consistent pattern to it so that the students can move through the course easier without stress of trying to figure out just what is expected of them. 

Providing guidance and feedback is very important.

You just can't post a presentation on a Learning Management System and expect students to take notes and that's it. you have to transform the total process in order to see students be successful!

consistent layout will help the students to succeed and also become more familiar with onlline learning

Sign In to comment