Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I lerned that carfeul consideration is necessary when moving ground learning items to online learning envrionment.

Converting to online after teaching for 10+ years F2F is going to be a challenge.  The questions given to ask in this process are something I will need to remind myself of to accomplish this change.  Although we are switching midstream I do like the idea of a welcome letter.  Organization is paramount to making this change in order to present the best course and facilitate the students in their journey.

Consistency and converting course for online material is crucial. The building blocks for achieving this is through organizational skills, maintain a consistent outline of how the course will be laid out online and how synchronized and asynchronized methods and technologies will play a role in shaping the teaching design.

I definitely will be revamping the information, this was both informative and face-slapping necessary. From a F2F set up to an online class there were and are many aspects overlooked due to time and opportunity. Thank you for all of this!

Teaching online verses F2F teaching takes some imagination and creativity. With the use of powerpoint, audio/videos and blogs are helpful ways for students to be engaged with the learning.

Create a learning course by modules that include only one or two learning objectives.

What have you learned from this module and how do you intend to apply it?

I learned to not just do what you did in a face to face class and just transfer it online.  Online learning is a different situation and we have to create content that is relevant and engaging. 

On-going evaluation of the online course is essential when first converting a F2F course to online.

With some lessons that cannot transfer from F2F to online, it was good to be reminded that new lesson may be required to achieve a new/similar result.  It was also good to learn that my instructional units should be limited to just one or two, and to use only the most important supporting details. 

Consistency is the key and having a well organized module. This will make it easy for the student to locate information as they need it.

This section was about online course content transfer. The effective ways an instructor can use online content to engage students. As students navigate the course, I must provide effective content that is up to date, easily assessable, and concise.

Creating different modules helps the student to stay focus in one area. The module can consist of assignments, test, etc. 

Teaching  online can be very good as long the students are engaged 

Many factors such be considered when moving from a face to face learning environment to an online learning environment. Remember to keep consistency in organization, give effective communication, and deliver strategy instructional methods. By facilitating an online course in this manner, students will more likely be engaged and achieve learning outcomes.

This definately helped give me ideas to start organizing my content and transforming it from F2F teaching.

Conent must be orgainized and user friendly to enabale the students to be sucessfull in learning from imformation and the concepts we are trying to communicate.

I learned about identifying delivery methods and strategies in the online environment I learned that you are not just transferring content from a F2F envrironment to an online environment, but you are transforming the content. I will focus on trying to transform my content and not just transfer it.

There is alot of thought to transferring a F2F course to online. Thank you to the module that gave me insight. 

again, being organized and consistent is vital.   How to create a course by starting with a to do list.  Listing every goal you want to accomplish.  Use a variety of tools with the curriculum adapted for your online enviroment.  ongoing assessement and evaluation is critical.

You must organize the course so it flows smoothly and has the porprt content to keep the learner engaged, you must also evaluate the materian on an ongoing bases to make sure it is delivering the porper information needed to produce the desired outcomes.

Sign In to comment