Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To keep students engaged, teachers need to get out of their comfort zones at times and think out side the box.     Teachers need to show students that they are near, since there is no F2F contact.  An ongoing task is to build sound relationships with your students that fosters their on learning advancement. 

When designing online learning units, it is still necessary for students to learn specific knowledge prior to moving on to more advanced courses.

Facilitating an online course requires much planning and thought. This is especially true when one has become comfortable with a F2F method of teaching. There are several methods that can be used to encourage student engagement. Each method must meet the overall objectives and outcomes of the course.

I'm finding this information to be useful when considering how I engage with my online students.

I have to find ways to be creative in utilizing a lot of the development and engagement tools since our college is one of many campuses and the courses are all standardized.

Be consistent is your communication and procedures. Change according to feedback.

Probably the most important (to me) concept in this module" "Student engagement is an important concept in distance education."

Lay out content based on my teaching style

Sign In to comment