Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As an instructor, I am willing to make the appropriate changes for my students moving classes to an online environment. 

Consistency on how the instructor layout courses, and always having a feed back

I found the methods and strategies outlined to very useful in planning for online instruction, which is not merely the transfer of content, but the transformation of content in a user friendly format that can be easily monitored and assess.  My learning curve will be great as I self-teach how to establish the content information format, discussion boards, and online assessments.

One thing I have learned from this module is that teachers need to take different things into consideration when they are switching from face to face instruction to online teaching.  They need to think of the outcome they want and be organized.  They must also make sure they assess the course to make any changes that may be necessary for students to be successful in the course.  

A bit of an epiphany when it comes to not overloading the student. Keeping the on line unit to one or two main ideas.

We have recently begun doing more content through video conferencing, and that has hilighted the need to make sure that all materials and objectives are well-organized in LMS so that students have a familiar environment to work from while they are adapting to all the new ways we are showing them content.

Important tips include consistency in formatting and don't overdo the bells and whistles.

Instructors must make the information engaging to ensure students are wanting to participate

Transition from F2F to online... is a transformation!

Instructor don't lose your essence ... find you perfect match *tools and delivery method 

There needs to be a lot of consideration taken into account when moving a class to an online setting. 

Unfortunately, it seems that administration who have never been challenged with teaching and/or creating a class online seem to think it is just a matter of transferring the information/material instead of transforming it!

Roger

Facilitators must organized the course content to be user friendly to optimize student success.

Blogging may be an excellent form of communication and learning. Modules are a excellent way of organizing students materials and documents.

I have learnt the different ways to use to transfer a F2F course to an on-line course, the 4O's, engagement strategies and providing on-line content. 

My take away is that it's easier to develop a new course rather than transfer a F2F course and that communication,engagement,  feedback and modification are very critical in on-line teaching.

I have learned that transfering a F2F class into an online class is challenging and it is a major adjustment for students and instructors. It is important not to take your F2F lectures and implementing them into the online course because they decrease student engagement. 

This module taught me about the correct way to deliver content online, how it is bery important to be organized as well as to adapt the materiasl from F2F to the virtual environment.

Es muy importante la organizacion de material para el estudiante asi sabra en que momento del dia adicional de la clase virtual pueda entrar y hacer tareas.

I need to be organized and personal (Present) with the online enviroment. Keep in close contact. Communicaion is key.

Teaching and Organizing a Virtual Learning Environment --> Online Course Content Transfer

When creating an online course the key is to take the time in developing your online envirnment, make a list to ensure you have covered all components; whether your course syllabus, easily navigational, learning goals, etc.... 

Organizatio, communicating and given feedback is very important when it comes to the students. It's a great way for all of us to learn.

Sign In to comment