Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that usiing a centralized LMS to post content, submit assignments and conduct discussion is important for the success of a course. Also, I have learned about the advantages and disadvantages of synchronous and asynchronous learing environments. I think that a combination of both is the best for learning outcomes.

Its all about communication 

Make sure tudents understand how each component is a part of the designed pattern which leads to academic success and achieving learning outcomes.  The syllabus and LMS are key components in communicating several of these components.  Communication is the key.

Instructors must make assessments of which form of online learning is appropriate. 

Presenting the course content should include synchronous and asynchronous learning. Whether or not you are using both types your content should be organized with well defined guidelines.

I think that each has a benefit and this is why I clearly set my office hours. See, the synchronous learning is when we hold classes and are able to discuss and interact as a group. The discussions allow for students to interact as they are able to. Then I also allow for scheduled sessions of synchronous learning with students if they need extra assistance on a topic (indivudally or in groups depending on need and availability).

determine what is best action either syncronus or asyncronus and comminication is most important 

The key thing that I hace learned is that students have to be able to acccess information easily through out the course .  The course goals and student responsiblities need to be explained and followed throughout the course. I think this will cause the student to be more likly to complete assignments to maintain learning.

Currently our classes that were pushed online due to Covid are being held synchronously, however, the potential for synchronous work has been very helpful when students have run into changing work schedules and family needs during this complex time. It is clear though, that if I were to actually purposefully offer the class as an asynchronous class, I would have to modify it with different assignments and content presentation to ensure that the students engage asynchronously with the material to the same extent they do in my synchronous class. 

I find that a blend of both synchronous and Asynchronous learning is best, but to make sure in the begining that we effectively communicate and check for understanding of all the components in an effective pattern of teaching. 

It is good to see that front loading a course is an option. I have always done this because I felt it provided a clear outline of student expectation.

I learned the advantages and disadvantages of sychronous and asynchronous methods of delivery.  I will use these delivery methods in developing as well as using these methods to better assist my students lerarning.

I learned how important is to organize the course content and to choose the method that better fots my style.

I learned from this module the importance of communication and ensuring that students understand expectation and timeframes for assignment due dates and responses.

This section proves that information must be organized and consistent in the classroom. Consistency provides the students a clear understanding on the content being distributed. 

Keep working on organizing materials so students can follow material and guidelines easier to promote learning

Clear communication and reinforcement are essential for students to successfully achieve the course outcomes and goals. I have found many students need reinforcement of instructions even in a synchronous environment because they often have difficulty managing distractions.

Asynchronous learning students can work at their own time frame. Synchronous all students are grouped together at the same time

I have learned that it is important to determine which online teaching works best for the student .

synchronous and asynchronous styles have both advantages and disadvantages. One disadvantage to asynchronous would be for students who often procrastinte their assignments, self paced would not work in that instance. 

Sign In to comment