Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Whether synchronous or asynchronous learning occurs the instructor must organize the lessons in an appropriate manner.

What have you learned from this module and how do you intend to apply it?

I feel like i've heard many times in this module about the importance of communicaiton with students to let them know the expectations.  Reminding them that they are on an online course, which has different expectations than in a face to face course. 

What ever platfore you are using one must always be consistent, provide specific directions and be available to answer questions 

I learned that it's important my pattern of teaching remain consistent when moving a resident course to an online course.  I also learned that students must have a central location for them to submit their assignments, and that due dates should be clearly defined, even though a particular project may not be graded. 

Synchronous learning is in real time. A student can ask a question and an instructor is connected through technology to answer the question at that moment. Asynchronous learning is course material prescribed to students. It is an individual learning, with discussion questions to identify the students’ level of course comprehension through participation. If possible, I intent to incorporate both synchronous and asynchronous learning. Some people need the hands on, example in real time approach, while other students need time to digest and research the subject matter on their own time.

Allowing students to receive credit for helping each other correctly is a great way to foster a connectedness that may be an issue with online learning.

It is very important for any course creation to convey learning outcomes to students.If they know whta are the outcomes and why are they learning those, make them work hard.Communication is second important point and navigation through the LMS should be easy for students for a online course.Instructions should be clear or the teacher should be easily accessible.

I find that clear and concistant communication is the most important factor. This will prevent confusion for the students and keep them from giving up on the course. 

I learned a lot of advantages and disadvantages of both the asynchronous and synchronous learning environment. I've taken college courses online so I got to experience the asynchronous environment and I've been in the classroom with students, so I got to experience synchronous as well and I see how both can be valuable. But teaching in the asynchronous environment will be challenging. 

Guidelines must be developed to make sure the content is understood, knowing that students learn differently. Engaging is a key component in learning. 

Consistency in course organization and expectations is key to students efficiently utilizing online course material and achieving learning objectives. Also, knowing which communication method is most effective will lead to high achievement from online learners.

We are using zoom meetings and I am voicing over my powerpoints also I post assignments and their due dates a week before they are due so the students have ample time to complete them

I learned that i need to use both sychronus and asynchronus learning to meet the course objectives. I also learned that communication about expectations and how to navigate the course is the most important factor.

Consistency is key. Training the students so they know where to find all materials, meetings, etc. and reinforcing the same practices regularly. Building routine and making sure students are set up to be comfortable and successful in an online learning environment.

I have been using asynchronous methods of the teaching and learning for a few years.  I can see the benefit of using synchronous teaching methods for an online course.  I just worry about all the students having the right materials and broadband speeds for accessing the materials and following along on their systems.

Asynchrous learning has to be very organized and consistent .In order for the student to be able to learn .More of the berden is on them.

I have learned greatly about a virtual classroom and asynchronus vs synchronous delivery systems. 

Oraganization and consistency are very important.  communication is vital.

Communications is the Key to any teaching enviroment

I learned that with an effective framework of learning based on the online environment, it will help establish a consistent learning enviroment.

Sign In to comment