Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A pattern to your teaching style can help student catch on to the rhythm of the instructor's method or way of teaching. 

Whether teaching in a synchronous or asynchronous learning environment, it is important to develop guidelines that must be communicated to students so they understand the process and follow them accordingly. This will also allow communication and outline expectations. 

I have more experience in F2F with synchronous learning, but this course focuses on the importance of utilizing both synchronous and asynchronous learning. 

Communication between instructor and student is very important- especially in online teaching 

I have realized that the pattern of teaching is important and I will focus on content delivery, learning outcomes and communication when teaching either synchronous or asynchronous courses.

Consistency across learning modules is best for learning. 

Both synchronous and asynchronous teaching have one thing in common. The need to have organization, structure, as well as quantifiable goals.  

Organization and communication is important to present content and using LMS properly you must know to organize synchronous and asynchronous teaching. Its to be presented in a way the student can understand course material.  

The delivery method matters and the course must be organized.

I learned the differences between synchronous and asynchronous online teaching methods. Although asynchronous seems more convenient, it is crucial to determine which method is appropriate to use based on your and the students needs. 

Develop a pattern of procedures and make certain students understand how the LMS works to progress through those procedures.

I learned that there must be consistency of  course design, activities, and teaching style.

I learned that communication with your students is critical to obtain positive student feedback. Also, I like the fact that other students can respond a peer's question and receive extra credit if the response is complete and correct.

The variables involved in determining synchronous vs asynchronous methods of delivery is something that I hope to apply in faculty on-boarding/training; tying these types of decisions to academic freedom is something I want new educators to be comfortable with discussing, assessing, and implementing. 

The importance of understanding what method on online teaching works best for the students.

Being an online student can come with many obstacles, I have learned that organization is key and that it is important to take advantage of the early access a student gets. Access the course early and start playing around with the system a little bit. 

Organize course content effectively within the LMS environment

Communication is very important for online teaching.

I have learned the importance of organization and methods to determine the best forms of online teaching to meet the needs of every student. 

Learning more ways to navigate the synchronous vs asynchronous teaching methods.

Sign In to comment