Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

My goal is to create an environment that supports both synchronous and asynchronous learning as middle school students need teacher-directed instruction as well as multiple degrees of instruction because of their varied experiences (constructivist theory). Each should be challenged a little above their level of comprehension so that all (the struggling and the advanced) are continually learning (i.e., personalized learning). 

I learned that guidelines are essential for both methods and each should be investigated to determine which method works best. I plan on applying both methods of learning by establishing clear guidelines and a consistent pattern. Example: all weekly assignments will be posted on Monday with a due date of Friday to provide flexibility. A specific time will be designated on Tuesday's for those students who need real-time lesson delivery and detailed explanations; Video Chat will be recorded for student review.

I think it is important to understand both synchronous and asynchronous methods and decide which will work better for a particular course.  Organization and communication is essential for either method to be effective for the students.

Know your stundents and the way they learn, Interaction is key.

Organizations and consistent communicaations is vital!  Students need to know how to navigate the LMS and need access to the instructor when/if they need help

Organization is one of the biggest lessons I took away from this. It's also important to decide which works better for your class, synchronis vs asynchronise.

I have learned that both techniques have value to the student as well as the instructor and the key factors to emphasize are communication, organization, consistancy and developing and nurturing an enironment that the student can answer questions privately when needed during a virtual class or have plenty of options for backup if doing a project asychronously while  knowing what the paremeters of the course involve: including timelines and expectations.  They also need to see their progress develop and grow through interactions and discussions with each other and the instructor to reaffirm what they know or struggle with for continued motivation.

I've learned that asynchronous and synchronous learning can be both used but you need to know the needs of all of your students. 

I've learned it is important to "compare and contrast synchronous and asynchronous methods of delivery and decide upon the most appropriate way to teach in an online environment." I will keep this in mind when I go to train my students on how to best utilize all components of our online classroom.  

Just like in a traditional classroom, organization is key.  Students must be informed and instructed on the methods of online teaching.  Both asynchronous and synchronous learning are important, with advantages and disadvantages to both.  

Communication is important just like in a traditional classroom.  Students must be informed and instructed on how to use the technology in both the asynchronous and synchronous styles.  

Both synchronous and asynchronous methods should be used within an online curriculum. This will keep the student engaged while allowing some independence throughout the course.

Communication, setting clear guidelines, and having frequent interaction with the students is imperative.

I have only used asynchronous but there is value behind synchronous learning as well.

Communication is key, the communication of what is expected of your students, communication of content, communication of student questions and answers, and student submissions with corrections and comments.

With the switch to online learning due to COVID-19, I used both formats.  Synchronous allows for a more traditional classroom setting, but asynchronous allows for students in different time zones to complete work when they have time.  Asynchronous is more flexible.

Synchronous and asynchronous learning are both valuable tools when teaching an online class.  Determing which one will be used is imprtant before designing a lesson.  Organizing appropriately can be impactful on the learning environment.

The method the teacher uses must compliment the learning objectives so that the students are successful in learning the content.  Both methods have their advantages and disadventages, but the teacher must use feedback to help decide which is the best method to use with the best technology tool.

Both asynchronous and synchronous learning must be developed and outlined to be successful.

Time will need to be spent, assessing each course and which style(s) to implement.

Sign In to comment