Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning about the different available tools motivate me  to find new ways that might be available to make my virtual classes simpler and use those tools to improve our interaction and activities 

This module really ironed out alot of wrinkles for me as far as techno terms.  Moving forward I will take my time and learn the functions  of the tools so my students can have an even greater learning experience.

Instructors should choose the learning tools that will best benefit the students as well as provide effective delivery of the information. 

The importance of technology tools in a classroom and to ensure they meet the needs of the student for their success.  

Tools for online learning must be appropriate and fit both the instructor and student learning/teaching needs.  

It's important to understand your style of teaching along with your strengths and weaknesses. You can use technology to match your teaching style and enhance learning.

What I have learned is that this is not up todate.  With vitural learning using platforms like Zoom, Conference, etc. this training material didn't mention any of it.  Also what good is it to mention things like PowerPoint with voice if you are not going to have modules on how to perform this service?  Not everyone is tech savvay and this is not easy to do.

I like the method of start , stop and continue. This method will allow to look oneself to see what you can change as an instructor. This because you dont always do things right and constructive critism is always helpful.

Jackie 

Instructors should use what works for the students involved in the learning process.

Within this first module.  I have learned about numerous different online learning platforms.  I have also learned what I might need and not need to help my online teaching.

There are so many tools available for instructors to use.  They just to be able to use the right tool fo the right teaching style. They need to be able to use each tool effectively to provide the best learning experience for the students. If one tool does not work, try another.

Tools are a great way to engage your students.  Not only do they help students grasp the course concepts, but also  develops a connection between students and the instructor.

There are many tools available in the online classroom and when developing a style of on line teaching you must take a look at all the tools as well as the demographics and skills of your student and decide what is appropriate for that class

Exploring the variety of available tools is important. Understanding the tool and its function is crucial to help students achieve class outcome and enhance learning process

Exploring the variety of available tools is important. Understanding the tool and its function is crucial to help students achieve class outcome and enhance learning process. 

I liked learning about the different teaching styles. I am still self-assessing to see which style I align with more, and how I can mix in different componets of these styles for better learning outcomes.

There are a plethora of technology tools out there for instructor use. Whichever ones are chosen, they need to be user-friendly for the students and handled expertly by the instructor. Do not utilize a "one size fits all" approach for any chosen technology tool. Ongoing evaluation and assessment of the technology tool's effectiveness in the course is essential.

All technology available should learned and apply in the teaching techniques, whateverb appropiate for the course

It is very important to identify the style of teaching that we are using to make sure is meeting the students needs.

In this module I have learned the factors that affect the assessment of technology tools are interactivity, instructor or learner control, performance, computer requirements, ease of use, etc. I will apply formative (during the course time period) or summative (end of the course) assessments to obtain information on the effectiveness of these technological tools.

Sign In to comment