Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned as an instructor it is important to get familiarized with all technology tools available and assess their specific functions. Analyzing them individually and assessing the function of the tool along with the outcome of the activity is the most effective method for using correctly. 

Feedback to various uses of technology is pivotal.  It seems to be a form of reflective teaching that goes beyond lesson plans.

I learned that tools can be used for their intended function and for different uses if they meet the needs of the intended student outcome.  The instructor should test the tool being used for the effectiveness of the learning objective.  

I have learned that there is a wide array of technology tools that we can use in order to enhance the learning process for online students. However, we must be responsible and professional enough to do our due diligence and investigate the appropriate tools that fit our teaching style and match the expected learning outcomes.

The reliance on PPT lectures that I have done voice-over recording for is something I am looking to change up; I have lengthy lectures & am working on ways to break them into "microlectures" that are easier for students to digest. The other options for content delivery give me more to consider. 

It is very important to investigate technology tools and the function.

There are many factors to teaching online and ensuring the students have the proper tools and opportunities to be successful. Being mindful not all students can learn online and from one specific teaching method. Needing to open in being flexible to help students achieve their goals throughout the program.

There are a lot tools we can access to improve student learning 

Learn how to use your LMS

Use the technology tools for the appropriate learning style of your students.

I learned that an instructor can use proper learning and teaching techniques with support from technology. I can determine what type of systems with work for me in the virtual classroom.

This course gave me the insight of why technology tools are important and useful in online teaching.  

Pretty much what the other commenters said.

I agree with Sheila

Matching tools with teaching style is essential for getting the most benefit from the learning experience. 

There are several tools available to enhance the learning experience. Finding what works best for the student, I feel, should be the top priority. Keeping it interesting and manageable should also be at the top.

There are a variety of tools that can be used to engage students online; Blogs, Wikis, Google, and virtual classrooms. 

I learned that knowing your own teaching style is vitally important to what type of virtual learning you want to incorporate in the class.

I learned that there are different technological tools that can be used in teaching, but you must choose the appropriate one depending on the case.

The use of each technological tool requires hours of practice so that it is incorporated as part of a methodological proposal of the teacher with his students. In my experience, it is not advisable to saturate a class, but to adopt the necessary tools to avoid falling into monotony or to energize the class according to the type of student groups. That is why it is important that teachers have many resources to have flexibility in front of different audiences.

Sign In to comment