Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

While teaching is so easy when in person because you can gauge the students by thir expressions. Knowing that there is an online wy of teaching, the tips given like the face to face with a web cam, but that the virtual class room where all the students can engage with the instructor/instructors to help better undersatnd the topic is a great way to bring that original in person teaching.

But, with online teching there can be problems like connection issues, speeds of the internet, power being out. These are some issues that could be solved by having something else in plce for that days disscussion (What works). The students engaged in the course have an attention span smaller that what they would have in a in class structure so keep it short and sweet so the students stay engaged.

I learn that having technology for our students makes the process of learning easier and more fun for them!

Every instructor should know all the tools that are available for them and how to utilize them for better student outcomes.

An instructor has to make sure how to engage the classroom based on the technology that is utilized.

What have you learned from this module and how do you intend to apply it?

I learned about how to find the right tool to support student learning style and instructor teaching style. Unfortunately, some places are limited based on the LMS that they offer. For instance my school district offers Canvas and Google Classroom. One of my friends in a neighboring district can only use Schoology.  

Sometimes we have to use the platform we have, but then also think about what we can do on that platform and what students can access on the platform. 

I learned that there are so many different technology tools that can be used for online learning and that there are so many functions to a lot of the tech tools. I will need to research the one that is best for me and try it out and then get feedback from the students.

I learned that it is important to determine what your teaching style is and to use tools that work best with that teaching style. It is also important to select technology based on what your students will have access to and are able to navigate.  It would be wise to provide a survey or skills assessment at the beginning of the course to determine what will work best for you and your students.

I learned that technology is a great tool in a virtual learning environment. It allows interaction between students and teachers in real time via video streaming, instructors can access essential material for students in a matter of seconds, and organizational tools for assignments and resources are quickly available because of technology. How I intend to apply technology based on this topic is being proactive in resources I can provide for students. From pulling news clips, articles, and company websites, I can give students an abundance of information through the innovation of technology.

Now a  days there are lot of technology tools available to make the class interesting and helping students learn . They help students of diffeent learning styles. This class made me learn some new and reviewed some old tools and made me aware of taking advantage of them.

I learned that technology is something that should not be frowned upon when being used in the classroom and can be beneficial to the learning environment if being used properly. 

While many online tools are available it is not neccessary to use all of them.. Decide what works best for your class.

I found it very helpful to better understand how the balance changes, between the lecture portion and the hands-on portion of the class, when you have an online classroom.  Lectures should be shorter and my teaching style may need to change some to best fit the technology tools of the student. 

It is exciting to learn how to use the various on line tools that are out there to become more of a facilitator in my classrooms.

This module was very informative and provided me with various options to provide students a full online leaning experience.  I enjoyed the idea of using wiki in the classroom for creating, reading, and testing online

Although I am familiar with some of the applications, using them as a primary means of communication between me and the students and between student and student will be a challenge, almost an entirely new course that happens to share most of the previous content and objectives.

I had not considered if the learning tool was compatible with the desired learning outcome. I realize that understanding the technology and matching it correctly to the student, their learning styles and the learning goal all play a part in the process.

I learned that there are many learning tools that work very well in a perfect environment, but when most of your students don't have access to those resources, it becomes moot.  I also learned that these tools need to be class specific.  Either way, tools can make online teaching very fun and interesting.

Knowing what tools are available is only one part, we also need to know how they work and how to use them, and evaluate whether they are effecitve for the task we need them for.

Knowing your own teaching style can help you trouble shoot areas of issue.

Teaching online involves researching for the best technology that student and teacher can easily navigate to enhance learing. 

There are various educational technolgies that can assist instructors in faciliatating learning and assist students in attaining learning objectives. Since there are many choices of techology tools to use, it is essential for instructors to assess the tools before implementing the tools in online learning.

Sign In to comment