Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The online instructor has many tools at their disposal. The online instrutor must match the tool to its function to best serve student needs. 

Learning about teaching styles such as: authority, demonstrator, facilitator, delegator, expert, is very important to understand your own style and be able to implement others to become a more efficient instructor.

Its imperative to do an inventory of what the student's feel comfortable working with in their e-learning toolkit. If something is not working well for many of the students and there is another tool that they feel more comfortable navigating, then as a student-centered instructor, I need to take that into account and modify as needed.

-Natalie Guerra, MPA

Many tools available for instructor use. Find what works best for you.

What I have learned from this module is there are many technological tools an online instructor can use to enhance online learning. They can use podcast, virtual classrooms, blogs, wikis, and online journals, to enhance student learning and have a successful Online class.

Ninive Martin Del Campo

I THINK THESES ARE GREAT TOOLS

Technology tools are crucial to teaching in an online environment. However, not all students or instructors are comfortable with technology and understanding how to navigate effectively. There are several different tools and resources available that instructor must be comfortable with using as well as sharing this understand to the class to better help them in the future.

Learning about technology and its many uses is important in order to make the most of the tool.  Reviewing the use of the tool and how it was helpful or not helpful is important. Getting feedback allows the instructor to make thoughtful changes. 

Assessing teaching style and using technology tools can enhance the learning experience for students and teachers

Technology tools can be a help or  hindrance to leaning.   Also, in order to be most effective, I need to figure out my "teaching style" and then find the tools that best support that style.   I also need to understand I may need to modify either the tools used or my style according to feedback from students.

Instructor must use the appropriate learning tools for the subject matter and the level of the students

There are many tools available to utilize in the virtual learning environment, however, what I used needs to promote learning not inhibit it.

I learned that when teaching online the use of different tools is helpful. 

Online learning and distance education has been enhanced significantly, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to this, there have been a lot of technology tools developed and utilized to provide instructors with ways to deliver instructions/education and assist students to continue learning virtually/remotely. It is important to not just utilize tools that are available to the instructors and/or students but to also ensure it allows and enhance the learning process and meets the needs of both the instructors and students.

I have increased my knowledge with a student-centered approach, and understand that active learning develops along with critical thinking and problem solving. Teaching online takes preparation to include technology tools. In a F2F, an instructor can utilize teaching with PowerPoint presentations to transition to Voice over PowerPoint presentations. My teaching style includes several methods such as, facilitator, demonstrator and delegator. 

technology tools are important when it comes to online teaching.

I've learned that there is a variety of teaching tools that can be used for online learning including Blogs, podcasts virtual classrooms etc.  I plan to incorporate Blogs into my future classes.

Teaching and learning styles should be taken into consideration when choosing a technology tool. 

I learned to use the right tool appropriate to the content that should be delivered.

I've learned that there are many different ways to teach using the proper technology equipment. Depending on the different teaching styles as Authorizator, Facilitator, Demonstrater, Delegator, and Expert.

Sign In to comment