Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are several learning tools thta can be utilized for learning

Learning from technologies and their racional use allows better teaching.

it is important to match the proper technology tool to the subject being taught.  This is a key component in forming the virtual classroom.  It is also important to get feedback from the students as to Start, Stop and Continue specific aspects of the class being taught.

I'm going to investigate the varioius tools and see which works best.

I most enjoyed and will incoporate Stop, Start, and Continue. This can give me ideas in which technology can be used as a vehicle for student learning.

Various technology tools are more or less appropriate for particular instructors and courses.

I found break out sessions in Zoom a good tool

I typically teach online courses and synchronous lessons but like the idea of asynchronous learning. I would like to use some different technologies to accomplish that, perhaps the e-portfolio or wiki. 

Through this lesson I have figured out that although the curriculum should be developed in a repetitive manner for ease of learning, as an institution we must lokk at different technologies to ensure our courses reach our learning objectives while keeping our students fully engaged.. 

Develop my own teaching style,  along with the use of technology ,  get the information out to the best of my ability

It is important for us, as instructors, to know the technology/tool we are using so we can best use the technology to meet our students needs and facilitate their learning.

I learned in more detail about digital tools such as portfolios and wikis

As an instructor, it is imperative to evaluate the tools used in technology. Making sure the tool is effective and that the student is not only learning but is engaged in active learning. This will also help the student develop critical thinking skills.

Hi! I just began the course today. One thing I learned from the first section is that there are different teaching styles and none of them are "wrong" and teachers primarily blend these styles. I worked for a school full time for over a decade and instructors were known as facilitators and all our pedagogy training focused on that one style of teaching. I am more of a blend, but discovered when I took the initial test here that this exclusive focus led to most of my incorrect answers.

I was familiar with most of this technology, but I found the development of wikis a fascinating idea. I'm in general education and so it's not that applicable, but I think specific departments with cohorts of students moving through a major at the same time, that developing a wiki for that cohort would be a great idea.

I liked the idea of short lectures. I make certain what I share in video is short and as engaging as possible. I know from watching my daughter (who is a college student) that long videos and lectures are seldom watched all the way through.

Nancy 

knowlege in utilizing the different tools and what works best for teaching styles and for the students.

Getting familiar with available technology tools so you can know which tool is best suited for the assignment.

Using technology is based on what outcome one would like to achieve.

The teaching tools and their effectiveness vary due to the teaching style of the instructor and the learning style of the student. Which tools work best must be evaluated by the instructor and then implemented appropriately.

Learning the specific use of  tools allow instructor and students to ease their work as  both learn the importancy of functionality in today's technology.

I have learned that learning the tool functionality is eminent in order to ease and facilitate the teaching and the learning process thru technology.

Sign In to comment