Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are several tools available to set up a good platform to teach from. The more familar you get with proper commication and feedback in which what works good and which areas need improvement can assist a great deal. 

I've learned the importance of obtaining feedback from the students to evaluate the effectiveness of the technology tools in the course. I also really like the idea of blogs.

Reply to Lawrence Bufalino's post:

It is very important that instructors are familiar with todays ever changing technology.  Once the technology is mastered and utiliized in the classroooms; especially the virtual ones we are facilitating now, there can be more learning objectives than before.  

Learning about different technology tools used for online teaching. Keeping recorded meetings to 10 to 15 minutes so the student does not get bored.

I learned that we all have different syles and may need to adapt to the proper learning tools.

It is important to learn how to assess the tools to complement your teaching style

I learned that in order to creat an engaging virtual classroom we have to assess the right tools that is going to be helpful in our teaching style.

I learned about the important role technology tools play in teaching and organizing an online course.

Thoroughly researching which technology tool is best for any give course/assignment is critical.

There are many ways to enhance online learning. It is important to find what works well for you and make sure students are able to use it as well.

It's important that technological tools are assessed to see their effectiveness in the teaching learning process. This feedback must be obtained from students whether during the course or at the end of it. Instructors must have an understanding of technological tools in order to assess their effectiveness.

Instructors should use a variety of technology tools depending on the course and use them to keep it interesting. 

There are many technological resources available both for the instructor and the students. Also that most tools are not limited to just only the primary function, functionalities can be expanded.

I learned the effectiveness questions for testing tools.  I thought back to a failed lesson earlier in the year and how I had to adapt the lesson in the moment and how I changed it for the next class meeting.

Reviewing all the options that are avaliable and researching not only what works for the instructor but for the students in the classroom as well, is imperative in having a successful class. When the students see the prepardness that the instructor has they have a better attention span and willingness to embrace what is being taught and its effectivness.

Blending technologies can be tricky, trial and error 

It is imperative to investigate all that each tool can offer to truly be effective.  When an instructor can use a tool efficiently they can offer the student a student-centered learning environment.  If the tool turns out to be a lesser effective tool, one must search through all the other possibilities to search for alternatives.

There are many different online tools out there to be used by instructors to engage students. We are consistantly trying to come up with the most fun effective ways to keep our students engaged

The various teaching tools available to use.

I learned that it is important for there to be intentionality behind the use of technology tools. If a tool doesn't match with course outcomes, then one can't use it. Also, if there is no practicality to a tool (i.e. student's won't be able to use it effectively or it can't be assessed), then it might not be the best tool to use. 

Sign In to comment