Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The professors can use numerous tools... especially library databases

Do not use a tool for the sake of introducting some sort of technology. The tool must make sense, and fit the styles of learning, and the content to be learned. 

The correct tools help the instructor and students acheive the objectives of the course.

The right tools help the students and instructor meet the objectives of the course.

You must take a number of factors into account when assessing if a particular technology tool is appropriate to use. 

I certainly see quite a few teachers new to online (due to our current Covid-19 challenges) who are overwhelmed by technology. The enthusiastic ones are grabbing multiple tools all at once and that also becomes daunting to those who are more hesitant. Just because it exists, just because somebody else is using it, does not mean it is going to be the correct tool for your course or style. I would suggest that it is important to look for an LMS and learn to use it fully and add to it gradually exactly what you need to achieve your goals. Fine-tuning and enhancements can come over time with the feedback and experience of students as long as the main objectives are achieved from the start. 

Technology tools can facilitate the teaching process but they need to be easy to use for both the student and the instructor. Instructors should develop their own teaching styles.

We should be open to multiple technologies. As the need is arising, companies are improving their products, but I have YET to find one that fits everything. I need one to share multiple screens, allow for video sharing of youtube or other videos with sound, and allow for remote control/demonstration as necessary. 

Use of many tools can be beneficial to student involvement and learning provided the correct tool for the subject is used

Ilearned that technology tools can be a great opportunity for students to learn. Instructors should review these tools forr thier poper use and fit for the subject being tought. These tools csn also provide the instructor with feed back on student participation and learning.

I think one of the biggest things I want to incorporate into my technology is using blogs for anonymous feedback from students for that stop start and continue suggestions.  when I was a student I felt like I had many suggestions on how my instructors could better deliver content and would have loved to be able to give this kind of feeback openly.  

Also I think using Wikis for group projects sounds amazing.  It would be great to get students working together so they don't feel so isolated in the learning. 

I think that using other tools in an online setting can keep the attention of the student and it will give them something to look forward to each session. You don't have to keep doing the same thing over and over again.

I should look at interactive features in PPT to break up longer recorded lessons

The information on the technology tools was very useful to me.  Gives more ways to organize my course which will help students and myself as well.

I learned that teachers should be an expert in the technology media through which they want to deliver the content. I have noticed that there is a gap in teacher student generation  and technology use hinder the teachers to present their authority in a teaching learning environment 

I learned the importance of choosing the correct teaching tool for my specific style.

I learned that it is important to remember to assess and reflect on the tool's effectiveness to ensure proper usage.

This was very informative for a new teacher. I learned there are many different teaching options and methods. Teachers have to find which  teaching style and method works best for their classroom. Finding the best teaching practices will assist in making your classes more productive as an educator but more importantly it makes learning more enjoyable for the student. 

i learned to use all tool you can and see what ones work or not 

I need to incorporate more breaks in lecture with different tools to increase engagement 

Sign In to comment