Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

When choosing the tool it is important to understand you audiance and their comprehension.  I think you should always choose the most simplistic tool for the job.  Some technology can be too complex and the student could be overwhelmed by the tech.

I have learned that it is okay to not have to use every single learning tool for every subject taught, as long as the tool chosen enhances learning outcomes. 

When I use voice-over PPTs. I plan on instroducing discussion questions into my lesson to generate some interaction with my students.

It is important to identify which technology tools that you have and learn how to implement them in the best way. Not every tool will be necessary to use depending on what students have access too. You also have to think about training students how to use the technology as well.

There are many technology tools available. The instructor must use the tools that complement their teaching style.  Instructors must also ask for student feedback regarding the effectiveness of those tools to see if a change needs to be made.

Technology is important and can be use to engage students as well as keep the instructor organized. There are different types of technology tools that can be used like blogs, portfolios, podcasts, and learning management systems. It is also important to assess technology tools to determine which ones are effective and if changes should be made.

Teaching and learning should be assessed in various ways so that students' learning is enhanced. As a result, teachers are able to institutionalize effective teaching choices and revise ineffective ones. 

The section helped me to clarify the uses of the online tools that I am already using.  Also, I will seek feedback from students earlier on in the class using the Stop/Go/Continue technique.  

It's not just utilizing online learning tools that is important, but assessing their effectiveness in delivering learning outcomes.  

I like the idea of using the learning tools in different ways. I think being able to find new uses for tools students are familiar with would open up new opportunites for learning.  

I tend to use the technology that I am comfortable with in teaching.  I would like to be adventurous and try new technology including introducing podcasts and possibly blogs into my courses.

You need to think about what the outcomes are prior to thinking about the tools to use. Then evaluate the tools to see if they'll  help acheive the outcomes desired. It's not about seeing how to make a tool fit into the classroom but about which tool will work best. There are lots of tools and using different tools for different outcomes is fine as long as they work for both the student and the teacher.  It's important to not get locked into a singular way of thinking.

As a newer instructor, teaching for 2 years now, using technology in my courses is important. I am a F2F instructor so switching to an online envrionment was a big change. I am excited to incorporate more technology in to my courses. 

I think the different types of tools can be useful for virtual teaching and helpful.  

Technology is going to be key in teaching the students

We must ensure that, even though we are using technology, we use the appropriate tech.  We must ensutre that the tech is relivent, assessed, and that our audience is receiving it.

I can't say that I've learned anything new from this section.  What it does do is encourage me to reflect on what I already know, and to utilize existing technologies in creative ways to enhance engagement.

Learning about the tools that we have available is important to creating an engaging virtual classroom to help our students. 

It is important to learn what technologies can help to facilitate the teaching and learning process. I have been using virtual classroom and short tutorial type of methods. However students' feedback is that they prefer the virtual classroom much more than short tutorial provided. Part of the reason for this feedback, I think, is the synchronus interaction  the VC provides. Short tutorial provides instruction, but requires students to take initiative and be more responsible for own learning. Students typically ask for quicker feedback from the instructor and the process of studying tutorial--> working on the assignment--> wait for feedback takes longer than F2F in VC.

I have learned that teaching and learning technology and also teaching style should be selected carefully. Also, as a teacher we have to assess various teaching and learning environments and technologies and use them for the best student outcomes.

Sign In to comment