Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

know the tools on hand and to use it apropriately based on students needs

Use of tools is very important in order to enahnce learning. Therefore, assessment of each tool should be done before implementing it.

Tons of tools to choose from and a broader perspective helps to zero in on relevant information for our courses.

It's important for students to engage in the curriculum provided by the instructor

One thing that I believe stuck with me was the descriptions of teaching style (e.g. 1) authority, 2) demonstrator, 3) facilitator, 4) delegator, and/or 5) expert). In a typical course, one may be utilized more than others, but depending on the activities and lecture, it is possible to implement multipl styles in a class period. 

An instructor is like a carpenter. To achieve his learning goals for the students, he could alternately use saw, grinder, hammer, tape measure, bucket, etc.  He has myriad of options in his tool box.

Learn how to use the tools available to me.

Instructors have multiple options available to enhance teaching and learning.  Use of multiple modalities improves the learning for the student.

I learned that it is very important to MATCH your teaching and learning tools to your style.  The different tools available for online learning truly can make your teaching style pop!  I had not thought of this previously.  I will pay attention to this very important technique.

Trial and error is a good policy idea

After reading this module, I've decided I'm going to set up podcasting to allows the instructor and students to listen to one another, at the listener's convenience.

I am glad I got to revisit the teaching styles, which I haven't been exposed to for awhile. It's interesting to see how I have grown and changed styles in the new covid environment.

Just because you have access to a variety of technology tools, does not mean you need to use them all.  You should choose which learning tool works best with your students.

Deciding on a technology tool and whether this will aid my student's learning is a long process. And often it is not achieved by one cohort of students. Are there any suggestions to help with this?

There are various mediums one can use in virtual learning. It is important to be open minded and research on how to use them for example using  Edmodo or Moodle I had to watch Youtube videos to assist me, email tech support, and/or ask a colleage. 

The only way to make online learning a success is to engage and there are many tools to make this happen.

lots of tools out there finding tools that fit the application is tough especially in my subject internet classrooms are great but my trade eventually you have to put your hands on tools and be able to function in the field can't wire a house from the computer !

need to reflect what my teaching style is first before implementing technology in an e-classroom

This module on the many technology tools available to educators and understanding the funtions of these tools and your intended purpose is so important to teaching and learning effectiveness. There are so many technology tools out there, this was a good review. 

I learned how many different options there are to utilize such as wikis or virtual classrooms. 

Sign In to comment