Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The key concept that I came away with from this module is that is necessary first to recognize your teaching style/styles then see if that can be expanded. Then match the correct technology tools to the instructional objectives  for the best fluid delivery to meet your students individual needs. Having a better understanding of how to best use/match technology available to allows for a more interactive, interesting delivery= better student attention and a more direct path for success.

I learned that I must learn my teaching style and then determine which technology tools can enhance my style.  In doing so, I can creat an engaging learning environment for the students. 

There are many tools avaliable for online learning. It's important to access what is and is not working and tailoring it to your own teaching style

As there are many tools to use for online learning, I believe in our trade for cosmetology the voice over PowerPoint recorded lectures or tutorials would be extremely helpful to our students.  

It's important to match the appropriate teaching tool to your teaching style, keeping in mind the needs of your students.  This can be done by getting feedback from your students to assess their level of engagement and success with each tool.  

I've learned that I am more of a "facilitator" in my teahcing style. I hope to incorporate 1 or more of the sugegsted tools in my online classrom (ex: blog or podcast). 

It is important to know the functions of each teaching tool and your teaching style so that you can match the right technology tool to your style.

Technology tools are essential for distance learning. It provides many ways of teaching more productive and helps the teacher reach out to students with different levels. The teacher needed to select the right tool for the proper teaching and learning process.

Developing an online teaching style is important to improve the comfort of the teacher.

Looking at the teaching styles it is interesting to think about who you are and how effective the combination of different styles can be, and when one type might be more effective.

I learned in there are many different types of technology tools and each should be reviewed thoroughly to determine which works best for proper learning and also your own personal teaching style.

Teaching styles and technology tools must go hand and hand for students to be success and for all methods to achieve the objectives.

It is important to spend time assessing the technology available to determine its appropriateness for the course being taught. It is not a one-size-fits all situation.

Feedback will be key from the students, on what tools to use or not use.

Using all the resources that are given to us to give to our students is very important the more you learn about technology the more easier is going to be to add it to our teaching to motivate our students. 

There are many tools to aid in virtual learning, including virtual classes using audio/video-enabled two-way communication, blogs and wikis where students can share documents and learning products, podcasts that can be used to disseminate lectures, and e-portfolios where students can post work or projects. All of these technologies must be carefully evaluated before use to ensure they actually meet the needs of the students, require technology that is readily available to students, and facilitate interaction between students and the content, students with the instructor, and students with other students.

The success of an on-line class will depend on the teaching tools that are used that also match the teaching style of the teacher.  A variety of teaching tools should be used to give the students choices that best match their learning style.  

Learning about your own teaching style and taking into consideration different learning styles, you much choose the most appropriate technology to increase the success of learning objectives.  From LMS, voice over PPTs, and Screen capturing, there are many ways to deliver and support.

Gain comprehension for all of the tools available at reach, this will successfully ensure that the next go around your able to increase production of the classroom. Meaning, all the tools have a higher growth span becuase you have gained an understanding of how they are used as well as a hands on approach for its utilization for improvement on round 2,3, etc.

Familiarity with online technology tools and their applicability to a course of instruction is vital to ensure that all learners can engage, collaborate and communicate effectively and successfully regardless of their individual learning style or preference. It should be noted that not all online venues offer all of the tools discussed in this lesson, dependent upon the LMS platform utilized by the organization.

Sign In to comment