Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Input from multiple stakeholders is essential to evaluating and revising the course.

Evaluations take many different forms and from students, other instructors combined with other modalities. 

Students benefit from peer reviews. It allows them to really think critically of their work 

Compiling test or summative scores alone isn't the best way to evaluate course outcomes. 

Consisten evaluation helps refine the course content.

I will try and find ways to incorporate more evaluations for my students. It is essential to try and find different evaluations because there are different ways that people learn and if we do not include the ways that people learn we may miss evaluating good learning for people.

The importance of using multiple sources and methods for evaluation.

As an instructor, you must consider multiple sources for evaluating and improving your courses to truly accomplish creating meaningful courses. 

Multiple evaluations are important tool to improve the knowledge in the students, and feedback specific and meaningful.

I learned that effective evaluation of a course is the only provides a way to measure success against established learning goals/benchmarks.

What I have learned from this lesson is that always make reflection and review a part of the course evaluation as an educator and facilitator.  And, to get the input you need to make ongoing adjustments that improve your online course and complete the loop, you will need a variety of tools from your diverse stakeholders. 

The first topic taught me a lot about the evaluation and revision processes. It is particularly novel to me that reviewing and learning technology can serve as the foundation for a professional development plan for teachers and personnel. Second, the importance of teamwork is emphasized by benchmarking and sharing best practices. Finally, assessment and evaluation are processes that are often viewed as daunting and challenging, but they foster growth and improvement. The previous chapter on Creating Multiple Evaluations introduced me to new and various online methods for assessing student progress: one-minute inquiry, three clear points, three muddy points paper.

Having multiple sources of evaluation is crucial as it provides a comprehensive and accurate picture of student learning and progress. Different evaluation sources can highlight various aspects of student performance, strengths, and weaknesses, thereby identifying areas that require additional support or guidance. It helps to get a better understanding of a student's overall performance as different assessments assess different skills and abilities. It can also help to reduce bias and increase fairness in the assessment process, ensuring that every student has an equal opportunity to demonstrate their learning and skills.

Additionally, multiple sources of evaluation help students to learn and improve more effectively. With feedback coming from various sources, students can identify areas of strength and weakness, allowing them to focus on areas where they need more support. It promotes student engagement and self-reflection, as students are more likely to take ownership of their learning when they receive feedback from multiple sources. Students can also better understand how their learning is progressing over time, rather than relying on a single assessment. All in all, multiple sources of evaluation provide a more accurate and well-rounded assessment of student performance and enhance their learning and development.

I love the concept of closing the loop. Basically, it summarizes what evaluation is all about.
We evaluate to improve:  student learning experiences and curriculum. It realigns focus on professional development, impacting both quality assurance and benchmarking as well as personnel decisions.
Multiple evaluations are effective means to ensure that all stakeholders are taken note of.
Closing the loop indeed shows that planning instruction, even in online education, is a never ending process of improvement.

From this module, I have learned that evaluating an online course is a complex process involving multiple stakeholders and data sources. It is insufficient to rely on one evaluation method or stakeholder perspective to improve the course.

I have also learned about various evaluation methods that can be used, including course grades, syllabus scans, assignments and examinations, portfolios, question tools, pretest/posttest, concept maps, structured interviews/focus groups, and peer observation/review of course materials. Each method has its strengths and weaknesses and can provide valuable feedback on different aspects of the course.

To apply this knowledge, I will use a variety of evaluation methods to get a complete picture of the effectiveness of my online courses. I will also involve multiple stakeholders, such as students, peers, and industry experts, to ensure that the course is meeting the needs of everyone involved. Finally, I will use the feedback from the evaluations to continuously improve the course and ensure that the feedback loop is closed.

Dear colleagues,

I am taking the "three clear points, three muddy points" to evaluate my online sessions.

Usually, I keep what I think works, but it is essential to have an external opinion.

Regards.

By evaluating the effectiveness of the modifications made as a consequence of a previous assessment, you are closing the loop and going beyond your initial assessment efforts. Courses should close the loop by not only using assessment data to direct action but also looking back to see if the activity improved student learning.

We must close the loop and evaluate in multiple ways. 

To improve an online course, it's important to review and reflect on it. This process, known as "closing the loop," involves evaluating various aspects of the course to improve student learning experiences, the curriculum, professional development, quality assurance, and personnel decisions. Using both quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources is crucial, and involving students, institutions, and teaching communities is important. Closing the loop requires effective linkages between student learning outcomes and planning to drive the academic learning process.

Evaluation is important for us Intructor to make also continuous improvement (use a PDCA model) on our course.

The process should include some Key Performance Indicators from different sources, defined with the different stakeholders, so we can always have a look on our courses and how students assimilate them.

Sign In to comment