Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Multiple evaluations are needed to "close the loop."

feedback is essential but so is student feedback

"Closing the Loop" is a major part of the teaching profession. Using quantitative and qualitative methods to evaluate the teachers and curriculum will help create better courses in the future. Scoring instructors as well as allowing for anonymous feedback on course material may be a great way to start.

Focusing on only one method for evaluation is not enough to gather the whole picture for course improvement. 

I need more ways to evaluate the students

I learned that using multiple evaluations will be very beneficial.

Evaluations along the way in your course keeps the student on track with their progression.

It is important to have different ways to evaluate the students

To comprehensively assess the effectiveness of a course design, it is crucial to employ multiple evaluation methods rather than relying on a single assessment. By gathering data from various sources and perspectives, instructors can gain a more holistic understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of their course.

There are multiple evaluation methods that will be needed and required for learning. 

evaluations help the student learning process evolve more effectively.

I agree that the perspectives of all three stakeholders should be considered.

It had not occurred to me to use something like a Concept Map or Portfolio as part of an evaluation method.  I am curious to see how that would like in the courses we teach here and look forward to trying them out!

Using both qualitative and quantitative analysis is best as it leads to a most comprehensive way to attain data. The use of pre and post tests are a great tool to see what students have learned.  

I was struck by the term 'closing the loop.' While I believe I have practiced this skill before, I'm not sure I ever noted in such a poignant way.

When evaluating students we cannot simply rely on one evaluatrion, but need many. 

In my field of study, I constantly stay informed of emerging technology.  I bring this into the class as to add value to material.

Feedback from multiple stakeholders is critical for course improvement as it provides a balanced view of course strengths and areas of opportunity.

The vision of multiple tools and multiple stakeholders' perspectives in closing the loop

The part about revising the course and using the evaluations has made me think about course changes occurring based on the pattern from learner's remarks.

Sign In to comment