Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Closing the loop is necessary to achieve our teaching goals, I learned the importance of this process in our teaching practice.

Learnt about the importance of course revision and improvement. I will try to implement the concept of continuous evaluation taking feedback from multiple stakeholders

"Kumpletos Rekados"

In Filipino, we have this term "kumpletos rekados", which in English means "complete ingredients" whenever we cook. Also, in everyday slang, whenever this term is used we mean that to perfect something, all the necessary and essential parts should be there.

When I came to this module, I have realized that in order to improve and revise a course, "with multiple stakeholders come multiple sources of data, and multiple evaluation methods." We cannot just have one or two factors to look into, but we need a variety for our evaluation to be effective and efficient. 

Therefore, it had to be "kumpleto rekados" consisting of Course Grades, Syllabus Scan, Assignments and Examinations, Portfolio, just to name a few.

I will use question tools to know about student learning and other various evaluation  tools.

There are many evaluation methods for students. As a teacher, we have to adjust to students' capability and comprehension skills. All methods are good and effective to be measured. 

In an online course teaching approach, performing evaluations require careful thought on the part of the online teacher. This is possible with the help of multiple online tools and multiple stakeholders.

Again, using this course to help drive my ability to improve my faculty on-boarding process, so certainly the idea of curricular review is something I am already leveraging. However, I do appreciate the methods/areas of revision presented - I find this a nice way to chunk a revision/review into a smaller piece that faculty might take more ownership over. 

A variety of perspectives is necessary to gain an understanding of the course's efficacy from the inside out. As the instructor, we understand the intention of what is included in a course and for what purpose. However, the message may not deliver as we intended. The students and outside perspectives allow us to make improvements we may not have seen before.

Student evaluations can be used to revise the course; but it cannot stand alone.

Constantly be on the look out for ways to improve and enhance my course. Consider multiple evalution tools. 

It is so important that the course goes through a process of never ending continuous improvement. Consistently reviewing the output, revising it, and analyzing the improvements. 

I learned that it's most effective to use multiple evaluations for needs of learning, such as stakeholders, outside materials, and other sources available that are repeatable.

Multiple inputs are crucial to get holistic evaluation of the course. 

Use several evaluation methods to assess learning.

It was interesting to go over multiple evaluation methods in one discussion. It gives you opportunity  to look into each and ones differences and importance they have for institution. 

I learned the importance of evaluating and revising my online courses to make sure that they match the educational, and industrial landscape.  This should make sure that what is being taught is what is needed to be taught, for the benefit of the student, the institution, and the community.  I also learned that it is important to get evaluations of many types and from many sources for the development of my online classes.

Multiple ways of evaluating not just students but instructors allows the best course of action for meaningful feedback. 

Learned about the multiple ways to "close the loop" on assessing an online course.  

Multiple evaluation types are needed for effective learning.

I realized that I will need multiple ways for evaluating students.

Sign In to comment