Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned that I should not be afraid of having the course evaluated. Multiple evaluation is necessary to achieve the best course possible and to "close the loop"

As educators, it is our obligation to continuously improve our courses. In my experience, I mainly do revisions while I am teaching the course. Here's what I mean: if I find that something in the coursework needed improvement, I'll try to revise it for the current class. Sometimes this is not possible and I am left with making the revision for the next class. So sometimes, I'll create the revision and save it for the the class. Othertimes, I'll just make the note and create the revision prior to the next time I teach the course.

C-Maps!  Who knew?  COncept maps can be developed in software that enable students to display nonverbal understanding of concepts and how they relate.   Use multiple methods to evaluate the effectiveness of a course, not just student evaluations, and continually do it.   Peer evaluations can be helpful and the process is dynamic as information contintually changes. 

Course revision and improvement only make your course stronger.

In thsi module, I learned how to author a course, how to deliver instruction, how to create an assessment plan, and how to revise a course. 

I intended to use the revise strategies I learned to help revise my course. 

In this course, I learned that it's important to obtain feeback from all stakeholders to determine what revisions are needed for improvement in  the course itself and in teaching practice to close the loop.  Closing the loop links planning for the course with assessment and allows for changes to improve linking.  I also learned that when revisions are made, it is important to use several types of evaluation tools in order to obtain a clear picture.

From time to time I have obtained feedback  from students, but this is something I will implement in my courses to guide me in making revisions.

I learned that you will need multiple evaluations and multiple inputs to improve your online course.  

When evaluating and revising a course, it is important to have multiple sources of input and not just one.

I have students do course evaluations but would like to get more feedback and evaluations from other sources.

This course has provided a meaning to enhancement to combined the reversion. 

I have learned that it is important to use multiple and appropriate data sources when performing course revision. I will invlove my peers and other stakeholders in evaluating my courses.

Use multiple tools to provide you with feedback that is needed to make meaningful changes that enhance your online course.

In order to truly evaluate the effectiveness of the course taught depends on feedback from multiple evaluations.

Something I am going to do differenly in my courses, because of this module, is add a test at the beginning to gauge the students' knowledge and to compare it with their assessment at the end. Also, I will use other forms of evaluation rather than just student evaluations.

I was reminded to review my course content and teaching based upon my students grades and performance at the end of the year to see if I  can deliver content better. I know now that to review my courses I can look at more than student performance and getting a peer's objective opinion is a good idea. I do coninually add new material to assignments to provide explaination and example. I am going to make more video content to help flip the classroom and aid students who need to review material at home or after an absense. 

There are so many ways to evaluate students and the course!  I use some of them, but perhaps not enough of them.  I like the one-minute question and the "three clear points, three muddy points" paper.  I will implement them into future online courses.  I have done peer observation in face-to-face classes, but hadn't conisdered it for an online class.  This will be interesting.  I might try it.

Definite need to evaluate the course for revisions, which in just about all cases there will be revisions. Use multiple valid sources and data and not just what you the instructor feels needs to be improved or revised. It's about all stakeholders. Get their input. 

Having someone else review the course and material is a great idea to ensure that the students will get the most out of the course.  Also by reviewing the syllabus frequently to make sure the material being taught is in the syllabus.  This is a way to make sure that the course will provide the students with what they are expected to learn.  Stakeholders play a huge role in closing the loop.

I like the different methods of evaluation that were shown. 

It is important to review and evaluate the course using multiple sources of data e.g. course grades, syllabus scan, concept maps, student evaluations, peer observation/review of course materials.

Sign In to comment