Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I received re-learning  for reasoning to evaluate because it is an important part of quality assurance. Wasn't sure about "closing the loop" but i do agree with the concept that it takes 3 stakeholders: students who are the consumers; the institution and teaching & professional community. 

It is so important to evaluate your course regularly and to have stakeholders input as well. This enables you to improve your course content and methods to make it the best that it can be.

It is important to have a plan to regulary revise and improve your courses. I will strive to increase the number of different evaluation methods.

My greatest take away for this module is ensuring students know that their input is important for the future of the course. We want student feedback to allow our teaching methods, design, and use-friendliness of the course to grow. 

It's vital to learn each time through a course and make changes to content to both improve learning and improve student outcomes.

dont make mistakes when posting about the online course. proof read.

Use student feedback and evaluation to enhance your course!

As students learn in a variety of ways, utilizing a variety of evaluation tools can help students gain a deeper appreciation of teh material and where they need to focus their efforts to fully close the loop on their learning.

Student evaluations only are not enough to assess your online course. If there is an Instructional Designer, ask for their feedback, as well as other instructors.

Multiple evaluations are needed to change an online course. 

I learned that multiple sources are best practices for evaluating your work and student performance. 

I will make some adjustments to course evaluations for both students and instructors to ensure that the data-based evidence management is receiving is more concise. This will help us validate our reasons for curriculum revisions and added learning elements to "close the loop."

Structured interviews, such as the mock interviews done by our Career Services Dept., are great for student practice and feedback.

There are many ways to approach improving, it can be as simple as asking a collage if they can proof read something. You can give ask them "what can I do to make this better?" Feed back is the key to becoming successful and improving in all aspects of life. 

Multiple sources of data are needed to be reviewed prior to final determination on any course revisions

Its best to use a few different way to evaluate assesments.

I also found this line vaulable

Never forget that students are more than just the product in your course; they are also consumers. 

Without multiple viewpoints and multiple data sources you end up with a skewed perspective. Also, perhaps askign students before the course is over on feedback, might solicit some good suggestions

Learning what close the loop means. The 3 stakeholders that are interested in close the loop.

Course revisions are ongoing, require many methods and sources of feedback, and should reflect as many of these as possible.

Looking at each course by evaluating it on multiple levels can give a clearer picture as to what can be done to improve the overall structure and delivery. 

Sign In to comment