Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I would like to incorporate additional feedback or evaluations from the various stakeholders. Our program asks for faculty (peer) and student feedback continuously. I would appreciate the chance to have dialogue with the accreditation team. Currently, we receive feedback from our administrators after an accreditation visit.

We use portfolios in our capstone courses and I've always thought of them as potential tools to help the students build resources/ samples of their work that were industry specific to their major, but I never really thought about the fact portfolios also evaluate what the students think is important to include.

Revisions are needed to ensure the course goes with the current times.  This will allow students to adapt to the material easier.

Using multiple sources is best practice when it comes to the evaluation of your work and student performance. 

Embracing a variety of perspectives is essential for gaining a comprehensive understanding of a course's effectiveness from both internal and external vantage points. While as instructors, we possess a clear intention behind the content and structure of our courses, it is imperative to recognize that the message conveyed may not always align with our intentions. 

Course Revision and Improvement can be best achieved by "Closing the Loop" used to assess and compare evaluate through multiple sources. Integrate Quantitative Data gives the What and Qualitative Data gives the Why. Course Revision and Improvement is constant and ongoing.

Assessment is pivotal in quality assurance, verifying the course's alignment with program goals and the school's mission. Benchmarking reviews ensure the content stays relevant to the dynamic educational or industrial landscape, fostering continuous improvement. Regular evaluations uphold the curriculum's consistency and effectiveness, harmonizing with both immediate goals and the broader institutional mission.

Mohd Ali

It is a great idea to have a peer review of my courses.

I need to use multiple evaluations and inputs from stakeholders to improve my online course.

Different sources of evaluation are the best approach. Multiple feedback is always better that counting in a limited number of resources.

Courses should be evaluated and improved continually. I love the idea of a peer review for my courses; maybe an instructor or supervisor could take the course with students to determine improvements. 

I learned that it stakes quantitative and qualitative evaluations from students, the institutions, peers and industry experts to properly review your course and make meaningful revisions.

Triangulate the data, collect input from different data sources and methods - then compile the data and make the appropriate changes to improve the course. The end result is one of continual improvement. 

It was a good reminder that there are different types of understanding and application. Remembering is different from creating.

I understand that multiple assessment styles are necessary for effective evaluations

It is important to use multiple forms of evaluations to close the loop. 

I am excited to implement these items into my courses.

Hello Team,,

When beginning to improve and revise your course, you must consider these important components of the process. 1) Evaluation of students 2) Self-evaluation 3) Evaluation of information from various sources to have a successful course.

multiple evaluations are needed and I always welcome feedback.

I am going to allow more opportunities for students to give course evaluation.

Sign In to comment