Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Gathering data from multiple evaluations is more effective in capturing the needed revisions for an online course. Gathering data from one source or one evaulation will not adequately provide sufficient data needed to make appropriate revisions for an online course.

Multiple evaluations are so important because different students learn in different ways.  I have a student who is currently not doing well on her "test" but you give her a scenario and she passes it 100%.  So you know she has the content just struggles with the actual testing portion. 

I learned that I need multiple forms to evaluate my program. 

Multiple tools from muliple stakeholders are needed to provide feedbach that will give information needed to make changes to inprove my on-line course.

No class should be finished when once you finish teaching it.  "Looping" is an important tool to continual update and revise your could the help all 3 stakeholders.  Instructors must use a variety of forms of assessments and feedback to help update and revise the course.

I have learned that using multiple evaluation methods are beneficial and it helps determine that students have acquired their knowledge, skills, and abilities provided in the course,

I learned that multiple sources are best practice when it comes to evaluation of your work and student performance. 

Multiple evaluations are needed from multiple sources apparently and this information, be it quantitative or qualitative, are key in closing the loop.

The use of multiple evaluations, can guarantee proper revision of a course. 

I learnt about managing a revision cycle and creating multiple evaluations.

I will need a peer educator help me assess the effectiveness of my on-line teaching and use feedback to improve teaching.

It is beneficial to do multiple evaluations.

Multiply evaluation and resources are better than one.

You must use multiple evaluation methods and get a variety of stakeholders to evaluate your course. Student evaluations, peer evaluations, and self evaluation are just some of the methods available to help you improve your online course.

I have learned a lot about rebuidling an online course form where I have one now. The course is designed on the modules and to palce more and varied assessment into the course. I will use the rubric in more assessments and also to use the discussion board as place to put student questions about assignements. The need to make the syllabus dynamic will also be a helpful tool in establishing a well balanced student centered online course.

Feedback drives revisions. Multiple forms of evaluations lead to improved courses.

A range of evaluations is an effective way to determine the success level of both the student and the instructor. Certain evaluations can magnify areas that require improvement for a Instructor (knowledge, content delivery, etc). As well as it may point out the weak areas for a certain learner and provide ideas on means of improvement 

While revising a course, multiple resources should be utilized.

You need to look at multiple evaluation sources to build the best view of the class and what changes need to be made.

Teaching Online: A Student-Centered Approach --> Course Revision and Improvement

Students learning styles are different, therefore, your design, student assessment should reflect those needs. Having a reflection and course evaluation can provide feedback, that you have met all student needs.

Qualitative and Quantitative data collected on the course (content, delivery, assessment, communication tools, etc) will give you a more complete picture of the effectiveness of your course in developing student understandings and assisting students to be successful in your class. Look to gain different types of data from different perspectives that are relevant to that specific need (i.e. students should offer their opinion on the effectiveness of cotent delivery as a tool for understanding, professionals in the field would be better about providing feedback on how your content objectives tie to preparation for success in their field of work, etc).

Sign In to comment