Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It's important to use multiple evaluation methods for your online course.  This will help you learn where your mistakes are, where improvement is needed, and make the necessary changes, as needed.

There should be flexibility on the part of instructors to provide the best and alternative method of learning and assessment to their students

Multiple evaluation provides effective analysis of the course

It’s important to get multiple evaluations for the course you to teach to make sure the students stay engaged and are learning

By providing multiple routes of evaluation students can be given detailed feedback to improve on learning the material in the course. 

I learned from this module that using student course evaluations are important but not enought to completely and accurately revising a course. Course feedback from student is important and valuable but feedback from the stakeholders is also needed.

Evaluation, evaluation, evaluation!!

Good explanation of qualitative versus quantitative data.

On line threaded discussions an in person hands on activities and discussions improve understanding of the subject at hand.

Using multiple tools to get the feedback that is needed to make critical, meaningful, continuous changes that enhance your online course is key! 

Of all of that has been discussed thus far this section seems the most daunting. Generally at the end of the course, who has the time and energy to evaluate, when the next course is pounding at the door. This perhaps is more true for faculty with broader teaching assignments. That being said I see a partnership needs to be struck between the administration and the instructors. On the one hand, the instructors need to put in the time and effort to analyze the course that has just completed in preparation for the next go-around. On the other hand, the administration needs to providing breathing room for instructors to do this task without inundating the instructor with meetings, projects, and busywork and the end of a course. 

Never-the-less I can see revising my use of my teaching journal, drawing on key metrics from the course, and evaluating student surveys to see how improvement can be made.

Need feedback from multiple stakeholders and not just rely on students feedback. This will give you opportunity to revise your courses.

Learned that I need multiple evalutations. It cant just be form one cource. And after learning about it, it makes alot of sense. 

Multiple evaluation should be used. 

this module has given me ideas for how to incorporate different types of evaluations when revising my course. 

Muddy waters are an effective tool to help assist with more indepth learning. 

In my experience feedback can be inconsistent.  You often get positive feedback and negative feedback on the same item.  Some time you get feeedback to change some to this and other feedback to change it to that.  Its important to take a step back and make changes  based on feedback and looking at the big picture.

It is best to have multiple evaluation tools to address a specific make-up of the class in terms of learning styles, intelligence and background of students.

We can't just rely on one type of evaluation to revise a course. Its neccessary to use multiple evaluations and multiple inputs from your stakeholders to improve the course. 

I also give feedback to the course designer when she was creating the course for the very first time.

Now, its really getting better and better every module.

We still make some changes, every course of course.

Evaluations are needed for learning and improving your course. Evaluations should come from many different methods not just a single method. 

Sign In to comment