Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think the concept of using multiple forms of evaluation is helpful for me, as it's usually summative multiple choice with a few SATAs to add rigor.

I can use multiple methods of evaluating my teaching, while seeing both positive and negative feedback which can enhance my teaching skills.

I think it's important to include the "close the loop" concept to ensure planning and outcomes are linked, and students get that valuable feedback as they progress through the course.

yes and no with what I teach yes you can adjust the rubric a little but if things go south with what I teach you don't make to many mistakes in electricity minimum that can happen is a breaker or a GFI trips worse case somebody gets hurt or houses burn down not a whole lot of leeway you have to teach it so they understand why things are taught the way they are taught

At the end of this module, the biggest takeaways for me are: importance of multiple input and the use of multiple evaluation methods; Reviewing syllabus prior to launching course to make sure course content matches ACOTE standards; and the importance of closing the loop! 

I have been reading what students wrote for their assignments and online discussion boards. That motivated me to make some changes to the curriculum of the course I am teaching this term.

I found the details on the "close the loop" section fascinating.  There is so much to consider to truly close the loop in courses for students. 

Just as in business, there is value to 360 degree evaluations.  As an instructor, your work must have value-add for each stakeholder including students, other faculty, and the university.  It makes sense that each of these stakeholders will have different views of your work and will therefore be different.

To properly/effectively revise the course one must obtain qualitative and quantitative data from a variety of sources and methods.

While I teach mainly math I have often utilized posttests.  However, I do need to use multiple methods not only for the math courses but also all the other courses I teach.  

It is important to evaluate the online course that you use, and it will need to be multiple evaluations in order to be able to have quantitative and qualitative evaluations of your course.

Student evals are not enough to get a balanced look at your online course. You must have peer to peer and other forms to help with developing a good online course.

Multiple evaluations and multiple feedbaks and inputs are always good to improve online courses.

Reply to Demy Blake's post: Hi Demi,

I also think that by using multiple feedbaks and multiples inputs is always useful to improve better your online courses.

Evaluate a course, "close the loop", multiple stakeholders.

I see the importance of approaching my courses holistically, and not thru a single lense. I need to evaluate the course thru varioius methods as well as teach from various angles. No class of students are the exact same. Definitely! 

Self evaluation of many methods are helpful for revising the course. I would more inclined to pay attention to pre/postest in a way to evaluate and gain more feedback from students to continue a more tailored revision for the students

Taking the time to revise your course is critial for the learners. Making sure you information is up to date is important. Fixing any mistakes, misleading informations, seeing if you can teach or word a concept in a more efficent way. All important steps that need to happen in order to ensure students are learning. Testing your students knowledge of the information in the course is so important. I hated when a teacher would give us one large test at the end and we had to remember it all instead of little test along the way. It important to have knowledge tester break spots to make sure students are not failing behind with the information. 

I like the idea of multiple evaluations of the learning.

Peer evalation is only one way ( out of many)  to evaluate the course and student outcomes. 

Sign In to comment