Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Rubrics and feedback will help guide the student to the learning objectives for the lesson. I'll need to make sure I provide more information in the rubrics to help students.

Feedback can be formal or informal.  Informal feedback includes feedback on discussion board postings, feedback requested via a quick email from a student, or formative assessments.  Formal feedback is typically provided in conjunction with a rubric and more detailed, lengthy feedback is developed.

Rubrics are a great tool for students to use to self-asses their work.  Using a rubric helps themrealize the importance of the objectives and relate the designated criteria to their work.  This way students are able to ensure they have met the objectives of the task.  It is important that students are provided with the criteria for success prior to starting the assignment so are able to meet those criteria. Hving students self-assess can save the teacher time because hopefully students are editing their work before turning it it, based on the critera outlined for the assignment or task.

Self- and peer-assessment should be designed to allow students to be involved in the learning and assessment process. 

I think it's a great idea to have students evaluate their own work by doing the self-assessments. I'm excited to use this tool next time with my students. 

Feedback is essential to learning andrRequiring students to self-assess prior to submitting assignments/projects for instructor evaluation gives students an opportunity to review and revise their work.  When students are provided with the rubric for self-assessment, they realize the importance of the objectives and relate the designated criteria to their work.  This in itself is a learning opportunity for students to assess their work to ensure they have met the assignment/project objectives.

I would have liked to see more depth on the feedback element. It is crucial. Video feedback is almost always preferred by students and can be more effective.

Overall, though, the idea of balancing the types of assessment is important. It should facilitate the learning.

I love the idea of incorporating a formative assessment into my online courses. By asking students to reflect on the quality of their assignment and their process for completing it, I will gain additional information into what students may be struggling with while promoting self-reflection and assessment.  

Definitely want to start having more peer assessments.  Instead of just my feedback they'd be hearing from their classmates.  

In this module, I have learned the importance of feedback in assessments. I will apply in all types of course assessments.

I really love the idea of the self-assessment and self-assessment rubric.  It really puts the student in the driver seat of their own academic success an self-improvement. 

Perhaps one of the most important aspects of feedback is being able to tie in real world experience. Instructors come with lived experience in a variety of industries, so the best thing they can do is bring some practicality to the feedback they provide. 

Student are successful when feed back is given to them.  It allows the student to learn and prefect their learning when constuctive critisim is given.

I learned about Blooms taxonomy to use appraisals as the students' goals are comprehensive. 

The importance of feedback as it should always be used as a tool along with the rubrics and syllabus to enhance learning.  Immediate feedback is obviously better than late feedback as students hang on every word and wait with anticipation for some form of feedback to assist the learing journey.

Types of assessments: formative, summative, self, or peer.

Meaningful feedback that is connected to learning objectives, and is specific, detailed, individualized and provided in an appropriate way, gives students information to help them increase their knowledge and/or skills.

Putting objective and sequencing into a rubric enables the students to understand what you expect during the course.

Feedback is an important aspect for learning so ensuring you know how to provide it in a meaninful way is crucial.

Often overlooked is peer-to-peer feedback.  I find this extremely valuable not only for instructing but for building content.  Often times newer ideas come from simple feedback. 

Sign In to comment