Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Rubrics are important in giving feedback. Feedback should be prompt and clear. Both formative and summative feedback are necessary to assess students understanding of the objectives of the lesson.

Detailed effective feedback gives the student information to improve their learning.

Rubric, test or quiz can be use as an assessment. Feedback to students should be specific and on time. I was able to understood the difference in between difference between summative and formative assessment.

Providing accurate and meaningful feedback is the key to getting better.  I wonder if it is hard to be critical of a student in an online environment versus providing oral feedback F2F.  If I have to be critical of something, I would rather do it nicely, but more directly.  Maybe a telephone call would be good and you can determine tone of voice better????

Rubrics are a vital tool, which I already love, but from the student's perspective in recognizing the importance of the objectives and result in work completed at a higher level. 

Providing clear feedback helps the student learn.  

I learned to view assessment as a way to judge not only what the students have learned, but also how well I have taught the content of the course.

The assessment should be formative amd summative. Assessment is the vehicle to improved learning and teaching.

From this module I can see that utilizing my rubric more will be helpful and important moving forward. I also like the idea of incorporating more peer reviews.

Providing feedback encourages students to succeed and can assist them in developing areas of improvment, if necessary.

When having students submit work, it is important to either have them self-grade their work based upon the rubric or to have their peer grade their work. This allows for self reflection on the objectives and whether or not they were met. If done in a peer-format, then students who are assessing the work can evaluate as a third party and also learn how to ensure their work meets the objectives. 

An assessment plan is vital because students in an asynchronous environment need feedback more than ever!

planning is very crucial to teaching properly.

Rubrics are important to the instructor and the student. It is also important to give our students feedback.

I have gained an increased appreciation for two key points in preparing assessments and providing feedback. First, is the idea that not all assessments need to be part of a final grade, but may be better provided as tools for students to assess their own progress and readiness for formal assessments. Second, it is incredibly important that instructors provide useful feedback on why you assessed something the way you did, so that the learner can review, learn, and improve for next time. The learning being the real goal.

Provide rubrics that are clear and match what you expect from the students to know and do.

I find assessments helpful as they let us know how the student is doing, what they understand and what they need help in. That way you may help the student individually and the class as a whole to be successful in their course work.

Providing feedback to students will help them understand why you graded that way.  A rubic is such a powerful tool for students and instructors. It makes everything clear as day as what you want and what they need to do.

I learned assessments are essential to use for an online class. Rubrics, tests, or quizzes are good for assessments and provide meaningful feedback to the student. 

This module clarified the importance of formative assessment, as well as some new techniques I hadn't thought of to implement opportunities for it. It was  a great reminder that assessment is not only about how well the student mastered content, but also identifies opportunities within a course where instruction may need some adjustment.

Sign In to comment