Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Giving your students meaningful, constructive, positive feedback in a variety of ways is very important and should happen on a regular basis. 

Both Formative and summative assessments are needed for online learning.  Clearly defined rubrics are importnant when assessing.

Providing feedback connected to objectives, is specific, and individualized guides students to enhanced learning skills. Rubrics are also necessary for fair grading practices and allows students to see what is expected of them.

Providing meaniful feedback is one of my favorite things.  I feel like this time opens up communitcation between you and the student.  And when you do it appropriately then the student actually learns from what you are teaching!

This part of the course was very imformative. Rubrics are very imprortant with discussion boards and written assignments. They let the student know the expectations of the assignment.

In this module I learned about meaningful assessessements.  Assessments should have  formal assessments imbeded in the lessons and summative feedback.  Clear instructions and a rubric help for proper assessment.  When grading a teacher also needs to provide clear and meaningful feeback.

The intent of feedback builds student learning capacity or hinders the capacity. The instructor is key to the outcome.

When students are provided with a rubric for self-assessment they realize the importance of the objectives and relate the designated criteria to their work, this is  a learning opporunity. Providing meaningfull feedback supplements and reinforces the learning process. Such feedback enhances the students exoeriences and success. 

The lesson provided me with knowledge on formative vs summative assessments, utilization of a rubric,student to student assessing and various feedback models to the learners.  

Providing feedback to students regarding their work helps improve learning. I find this to be the same in both face-to-face instruction and in distance learning and the importance of using formative evaluation and summative evaluation.

I still think rubrics tend to be subjective but feedback is essential. I struggle with teaching students to see the positive in feedback that it is to help them focus to areas they can improve instead of always looking at it as a criticism or associating it with pointing out what they did wrong. I try to refrain from too much praise because it can give students the impression that they are so awesome there is no area for them to improve which gives them this false perceptionof grandiose.

Self- and peer-assessment help students develop skill in not only evaluating their own and others' work, but develop skills in providing constructive criticism.

Providing proper feedback to students is essential to increasing their knowledge.

Difference between formative (to include self and peer0 and summative assessment, how to develop rubrics and importance of tying rubrics to course objectives as well as imporatnce of providing a meaningful feedback.

I will be tying the rubrics to the objectives and use self and peer assessment to help students develop higher levels of learning (be able to apply, analyze, evaluate and create) I will also use self and peer assessment to deepen student's understanding of content, skills  and develop constructive critisism ability. 

Feedback is of the utmost importance for online learning. Giving timely feedback lets students know what they are doing well and what they need to improve or work on.

Feedback is very important for improved student learning. Also, when making rubrics, make them as clear and detailed as possible so that students understand them. Have students self assess with the rubric before they turn in a project and then reflect and make changes to the project before they submit it.

I really need to focus assessment for the future use in Elearning.  I use summative and a little formative but I can see the value of useing peer and self assessment in the class. These will be gamechangers for many students who need the guideance and assurance that they are needed to succeed in the course.

I like the concepts of formative and summative assessment. After assessment feedback plays an important part in helping the student understand how they did.

A thorough rubric, followed by a combination of assesments is key to providing the student an accurate indicator of how well they are perceiving and relaying the content. This system also can lend the instructor valuable information as to how well they are teaching and delivering the content to the students. 

Consistant feedback that is positive, ongoing, provided in a variety of ways is crucial to keep students engaged and progressing.

Sign In to comment