Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that feedback from instructors must be meaningful to enhance students' learning and it is necessary for students' learning. 

The main ideas I've learned in this unit are: the difference between the formative and summative assessments; creating a rubric; Including self and peer evaluation; and providing meaningful feedback.

I definitely have a better understanding of the formative assessment given a few example. I will definitely use the 1-minute paper or the muddiest point.  

We use reflection paper after each clinic or on a weekly basis.  It helps to know that it validates the purpose of helping the students develop ownership in their learning.  

I learned the difference between formative and summative assessments and how best to use them, as well as the importance of feedback. 

When providing feedback to the student, tie the feedback to the objectives to enhance learning. 

I like the idea of utilizing peer evaluation. I have done that in clinical, having another student observe and provide feedback of a student's physical assessment. This technique is very effective, as mentioned in the module, both students are able to learn from the interaction. I also like the idea of have students provide self-assessment on a rubric....they don't often realize the importance of the rubric and having them use it to self-evaluate will get them more comfortable with using and applying rubrics to their work.

I feel thta I need to enhance the different ways I provide feedback to ensue the students understand why a response may have not been completly correct. This could help them possibly fully understand what the objective is.

Reviewing ways to provide positive feedback is always a plus, everyone prfers that!

Giving feedback in a way that asks questions can help stimulate the student to do further research and to look at the information a differently. 

Feedback is crucial to the success of the students. Giving positive feedback gives the students confidence in what they are doing. Also providing constructive feedback will ensure you are giving the students the correct direction so that they can learn and succeed.

A good review of effective and proper assessment tactics and actions.

Feedback whether formative or summative is beneficial for the students.  Students appreciate rubrics because they give them an outline on what to work towards and the expected outcome of the assignment. 

I like the idea of utilizing exit tickets as assessment.  Exit tickets could be utilized to summarize discussion threads at the end of each week to assess knowledge. 

Feedback and the multiple ways to deliver it.  I will apply the self and peer feedback with assignments I post.  

I wish we had the time and resources to implement the many concepts in this section.  Feedback is one I believe I'm strong in but assessments - no.

I learned in this module the importance of feedback and the difference between summative an formative.  The feedback for students must be done in a timely matter.  A rubric is very instrumental in making the feedback clear and concise   

Rubrics are helpful to students but I also think sample submissions are useful as well. 

Meaningful feedback is even more important than the assessment itself! Students need to have steps forward that are applicable, and approachable. 

Students will have clear description of the expectations of the course if rubrics are provided for assignments and projects.

I didn't learn many 'new' things as I've read about this before except the last part about the ability to make auditory comments on projects.  My students are required to make mP4 recordings for several projects in the classes I teach them.  I have a rubric but am going to pursue learning how to make 'auditory' comments in their recordings. 

I also liked the idea of adding the question "What were you most confused about in this lesson?" to their weekly reflection questions.  This would help me identify areas to better clarify in future courses if I realized a lot of class were confused about the same thing.

Feedback is essential to not only enrich the learning process, but also to establish a constructive relationship with the students. I plan on giving frequesnt, positive feedback when evaluating appropriate assignments

Sign In to comment