Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I like that it included providing the students with the ruberic so that they canseld evaluate themself to ensure they added all the items necessary to complete the task and increase their grade prior to being graded.  Also providing them meaningful feedback so that they can reflect the next time they complete a task to know the expectations of the instructor.

Getting vast information, guidelines and examples for the assessment plan will able me to be effective when:

• Describing and difereciating the elements of an assessment plan: formative and summative.
  • Articulating the role of rubrics in assessment.
  • Comparing and contrasting self- and peer-assessment.
  • Identifying components of meaningful feedback.

Rubrics are very important as students have clear criteria and objectives. 

The statement "Assessment is the vehicle to improved learning and teaching" should be a reminder of assessment's focus for the instructor and the teacher. 

I have been using very detailed rubrics in my teaching for at least 20 years, with both the instructor assessment and the self-assessment, as well as both formative and summative assessments. I agree that these are equally important when teaching online, and I'm looking forward to finding a way to make my rubrics interactive on my specific learning platform.

A teacher should provide feedback with video content that helps the student visualize the constructive criticism and/or comments.

Online modules should include assessment that is not only formative and summative, but is cenetered on learning objectives.  The assessment is something we do with the students, not to the students and we should learn where we need to make changes in our teaching and modules based on the results.  Rubrics are essential for students to successfully navigate the desired learning objectives and reduce stress/ anxiety.

I learned the importance of Rubriucs is vital in helping studnts understand your course. They provide specific guidlines and give the instructor a way to measure studnts understanding. Self and peer assessment are also necessry to provide constructive critism. 

Providing effective feedback to students enhances their learning and allows them to deepen their understanding of a topic.  I really like the idea of peer or self review before students turn in a final assignment, it allows students to develop a deeper understanding of the expectation and if it is peer reviewed it encourages interaction among students.  I will be adding that as a component of many future projects.

It is important to use a formative and summative assessments within a course to help students learn the material. Formative and summative assessments are not only for the student but also the instructor to help improve the course and student learning. It is imporant when using summative assessments to provide rubrics so that students understand the objectives and how the project or paper is being assessed. Self and peer assessments can also be an important part of student learning before turning in the final project. 

I would imagine for the student any type of feedback is good to have so you know where to strengthen your skills.

also you know how well you skills are toned now.

This was a very informative online course EL103

Providing feedback by using a grading rubric will help with some of the material. The most important is to provide clear and complete guidelines for any project or assignment, have the students review and revise their work and maybe have peer to peer review. This can help provide meaningful feedback or assessment for the students. Using more meaningful assessment the students can create a connection, improve their learning and skills and be more involved in their education. 

We as teachers need to make sure to do assessments for the students to help them learn. Giving them a few questions or topics to have a conversation about and not grade them can help show what they are learing. Also Giving the student feedback , positive or negitive , can help the student learn. Need to make sure the negitive feedback is given in a way that the student wont take it as offensive.

I like the idea of anonymous feedback between students.  This will allow students to learn and realize ways they may improve their personal project through reviewing others as well as provide constructive criticisms to their peers.  It may be a bit more difficult in a small class setting such as typical CADD classes as anonimity may be difficult, but still useful.

I learned that providing meaningful feedback supplements and reinforces the learning process.

Feedback is so important for students in their learning journey online. You must communicate what you think about their response or assignment submitted for a student to truley understand what is expected for next time they submit something. 

I think every assignment must have a letter grade. "Okay, Not Bad, Needs Work or Pretty Good gives a student a sense of how they are doing and what to improve on.Detail to why a person got the grade helps their future than a grade alone.

Feedback is important.  

Feedback is essential because reinforce student's learning.

Sign In to comment