Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I feel that the students look for instant feedback. The rubric helps to make a check list for the students to ensure they are completing the assignment correctly. 

Assessment Plan elements require (formative and summative), effective use of a course rubric, self- and peer-assessment, and gathering and use of meaningful feedback.

Feedback can help the students to know what they need to improve the skills given or even tested.

Feedback is an essential checkpoint in assessing the level of learning for the student, instructor, and the class as a whole.

In this module the importance of feedback was stressed.  I appreciate the idea of incorporating more peer and self assessment to my courses and in a variety of ways.

From this Module I learned that its more effective to allow students to engage in anonymous peer reviews. Why? If they're anonymous, there will be more substantive feedback.

One important point that I got from this module is the importance of providing students with rubrics. A rubric will allow students to self asses using the course objective, one unit at a time. This will also give the students more control in making sure that they master the objectives required in each unit.

I find it very interesting the self and peer assesment.  I already have new ideas on how to implement it in my courses.  I haven't done it before. 

Rubrics and feedback are essential tools to enable learning outcomes.

I am going to use the muddies point paper and the exit ticket discussion board ideas I think this would be a great addition to determine what the studetn does not understand and/or their level of understanding. 

The assessments should provide with an understanding of what knowledge students have gained and what they can do with that knowledge. Using rubrics is a viable way to provide for that consistency. Rubrics can be used to provide for self- or peer-assessment.

I never considerewd the importance of rubrics in creating my assessments. The will definately help in the peer to peer assessment process. 

Feedbacks are great if they're elaborated and constructive.  My experience has been while we love reading feedbacks, many are not liberal to provide them.  The suggestion of asking specific questions to prompt more detailed and "usefull" feedbacks is a tool that I will definitely incorportate into discussions as well as rubrics.

I learned the importance of balancing formative and summative assessments and how the use of rubrics is helpful to keep students engaged.  I will continue to provide constant feedback.

I intend to emphasize how assignments are graded through the rubric to help students reflect on the assignments they complete

Boricua:

It is a very valuable tool the use of different types of assesments. Rubrics play a great role since the student will understand what will be evaluated in his work. I do o agree in letting them evalate their peers work since in my opinion, lead ti deception when they compare their work with the work of their peers.

The assessment types will help both student and instructor reach their goals

Formative and summative assessments along wth both self and peer appraisal are great tools to guide students towards their learning

objectives and instuctors evaluation

I learned how to use various means to reach out to students to help them and myself reach our goals

Having rubrics will help students identify where theres need to be more improvement and help the professor identify if the design of the course is the most effective.

I learned more about the specifics needed in a rubric. This was helpful to me because I am a new lecturer and have never used a rubric before. However, I found them helpful and they reduced my anxiety as an undergraduate student. I will definitely be using this.

Sign In to comment