Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The role of good feedback in helping to emphasize and enhance the content and retention of student learning is really going to help me better tailor my suggestions and approach with students moving forward. 

It is important for faculty to provide meaningful and individualized feedback to students throughout the course to guide the students in their learning. Feedback should be considered, such as a rubric or auditory feedback at the end of the learning process and immediate feedback if the students take interactive quizzes during the course. 

I encourage the use of diverse feedback modalities. Whether through written comments, auditory insights, or visual aids, each approach brings unique strengths to the learning experience. Written feedback, be it from peers or instructors, provides detailed insights for reflection. Auditory feedback, through voice messages or discussions, adds a personal touch, fostering a deeper understanding. Visual aids, such as annotations or diagrams, offer a different perspective. By incorporating a mix of these modalities, we can cater to varied learning preferences, enriching the feedback process for a more comprehensive and engaging learning journey.

Mohd Ali

Giving students feedback helps them grow with the content provided and rubrics help with the student knowing expectations for getting the A!

providing meaningful feedback is a crucial part of an online course.

Feedback to students is essential to give the students learning parameters and guidance. The implementation of a rubric is very useful and measure the level of progress.

As part of my lectures, I always review the rubric with the class ensuring that we have a common set of expectations and clear understanding of the assignments. I use the rubric, as expected, for the grades and provide feedback on each section of the rubric.  At times, I have reviewed the rubric with a student to justify the grade if it were in question. However, I now see great value in a student's self-assessing.

I love using rubrics, and I like to provide written feedback as well, especially when grading papers or discussions. This is another easy way to connect with students without interrupting their time. 

I learned that "requiring students to self-assess prior to submitting assignments/projects for instructor evaluation gives them an opportunity to review and revise their work. Giving them a rubric for self-assessment helps them realize the importance of the objectives and of relating the designated criteria to their work. This in itself is a learning opportunity." I really like this tip and will be implementing it in my courses.

Feedback is with and for a student. It is not something that we do to a student.

Providing effective feedback is essential for students. It should be timely and detailed.

Providing constructive feedback to help students improve is vital. 

Assessment is key for the student. But there are some issues when there are not assessments (as in exams) the students do not take the class very serious. Since I am online, I do not not have assessments as the courses I teach are Research and Leadership. So when I provide feedback I can in the most helpful but explicit terms assess the students. 

Feedback is essential in the learning process. Knowing what type of learner your student is can also be very beneficial in helping them obtain maximum results.

I am excited to learn more about how I can implement these items in my courses.

Hello Team,

What I learned from this session is that meaningful feedback that is connected to learning objective and is individualized gives students information to help them increase their knowledge and or their skills.

Feedback is important for students as it helps them know how to improve and apply it to future projects with less mistakes.  The rubrics are very useful.

Providing meaningful feedback is extremely important. 

The use of a rubric as well as detailed feedback will ultimately help students succeed in courses. I feel that using these will prevent confusion with assignments. 

feedback is critical as is following the rubric

Sign In to comment